• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

African Tank and Mix Suggestions

mikemac58

Members
I am looking for suggestions on fish mix between two tanks. One tank is a 75g 4ft and the other is a 55g 4ft. Both are well filtered, have pool filter sand substrate and plenty of coral rock.

Current Situation:

75g - 5 2m3f crimson red, 5 2m3f mbweca afra, 3 1m2f yellow lab, 6 gender unknown acei, and 5 gender unknown red zebra.

55g - 3 1m2f chisumulee labs, 4 gender unknown powder blue socofoli, 3 2m1f Petsmart Afra of some sort (pale blue base dark blue barring and yellow/orange/red highlights really awesome when colored up) and 5 2m3f yellow labs

I also have 1m3f saulosi in a holding tank.

Gender is best guess based on behavior, coloration if dimorphic and some holding activity. I know some males will need to be split, traded or re homed. No nasty aggression other than normal african cichlid behavior. I know acei should stay in the 75g as they will get the biggest. I know red zebra and yellow lab should probably be separated. Crimson red is the most mature group followed by yellow labs. Most others are smaller or not showing any gender specific behavior.

I would appreciate any thoughts on how to blend all these great fish in the right tanks in the right combinations based on your experience.

Thanks for reading and posting your thoughts!

Last edited: