• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Donations needed for 3 community center tanks

jeffgreenspan

CCA Members
All, I have found three community resource centers in NoVA that would like fish tanks. They are all at affordable housing communities run by Wesley Housing, of which I am Chairman of the Board. This is a direct result of a tank donation by Sherry Mitchell (a Wesley Housing Board member) to one of their other community resource centers: the kids LOVE IT!

I am donating the tanks (complete setups), but I do not have enough accessories and food to go around. If you have any of the following, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Cleaning Stuff: Glass or Acrylic cleaning pads; Python Style water changers 25' or more; brushes; scrapers; gravel vacuums
  • Filter materials for any of the following: Fluval 304, Marineland Rite-size C, Rena Filstar 3, and large BioBags
  • Fish: general community fish wanted! I'll put a big catfish and some guppies in each tank (I'm donating 2 Megalodorus and a Panaque schaeferi), but they need mid-level and top-level fish. Non-jumpers would probably be best, as only one tank has an older-style tight-fitting lid.
  • Fish food: sinking carnivore pellets for the Megalodorus, algae scrapers for the Panaque, and other foods appropriate for a community tank.
  • Tank decorations: now is the chance to get rid of all the mermaids you've picked up over the years. Even if one doesn't end up in a tank, some little girl will treasure it!
  • Pumps: small and quiet please

It is also possible to donate fully tax deductible dollars, either online or by check (I suggest the latter), following the directions here: http://www.wesleyhousing.org/ways_to_help/index.html. Please specify "Fish Fund" on your donation if you want the money to be used just for this purpose.

I also need a volunteer or two who can help collect and distribute.

THANK YOU EVERYONE in advance for helping to advance our hobby to the next generation, and for providing much-needed enrichment material to the community resource centers at Wesley Housing.

Warmly,
Jeff Greenspan
jeffg@dbls.com

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi Jeff,

I've got a bunch of colored gravel and decorations...

I'm planning to go to the CCA meeting, so I can bring if someone can bring to Jeff (in VA)...

Matt

I have a whole bunch of fake plants to donate. Also, an albino long-finned bristlenose. The kids will love him. I also have quite a few sponges that fit a fluval 305.405 and some lovely large rocks, too. I can bring them all to the CCA meeting