• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need Help With Some IDs

manbern

Members
Hey all! So I just recently got my order in from Live Fish Direct and I need some help with IDs. Through process of elimination, I'm left with the following fish that I don't know who to assign to: Eureka Red Jake, Blue Orchid, Red Shoulder, and Fireline Mloto.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405957838.418942.jpg

Acpape0

Members
Finally figured out how to do it with the app! Once you upload one from photo album ,.. Click on it in attachment section in advanced options and click in line ... And repeat for each photo

manbern

Members
Ok, that was a semi-win, lol. Only one of the pics showed up on the app on my iphone. But all the links to the pics showed up on my desktop.

Anway, yeah, I ordered a total of 12 fish, and those were the only five I couldn't identify. I know that #1 and #3 are nearly impossible to ID, given that they are completely colorless except for some yellow trim on their finnage. And the fact that they look almost like identical twins doesn't make it any easier, lol. Hopefully, after they've been in there awhile, they'll start coloring up and they'll be easier to ID.

But any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks!

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Ok, that was a semi-win, lol. Only one of the pics showed up on the app on my iphone. But all the links to the pics showed up on my desktop.

Anway, yeah, I ordered a total of 12 fish, and those were the only five I couldn't identify. I know that #1 and #3 are nearly impossible to ID, given that they are completely colorless except for some yellow trim on their finnage. And the fact that they look almost like identical twins doesn't make it any easier, lol. Hopefully, after they've been in there awhile, they'll start coloring up and they'll be easier to ID.

But any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks!

If you have the space you can separate them and they might color up faster...(dep on size/age etc..)

manbern

Members
I'm surprised that the bags weren't marked from the supplier.

The bags were labeled, and I tried my best to ID them once I dropped them in the tank. 7 of them colored up right away and some of them were unmistakable, i.e. Venustus and Livingstonii. But those five I couldn't ID, didn't color up at all and didn't look the same from when they were in the bag. Maybe I should've paid closer attention, lol.

#4 could be the blue orchid but def isn't fireline. Very hard to find a true fireline so I'm giessing its a hybrid sold as fireline. Without better pics its going to be hard to tell on #3 and #4. I know lemon jake isn't on the list of options but #1 is most likely a lemon jake

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App