• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My 350 Gallon Cichlid Tank

leighn

Members
Finally got my 350 gal African cichlid tank up and running. any advice? or cichlids for sell to help stock such a huge tank. Going for a peacock Haps tank.

pic2.jpg

cichlid tank.jpg

YSS

Members
Very cool! I just converted my 265G to African as well. The fish seem so much happier now than when they were in the 90G.

YSS

Members
Yes they very happy!! I converted from a 150 tank. where do you get your cichlids from Yun

I get my fish mostly from members here. I get a gem here and there at big chain stores as well. I have two very nice fish I picked out from misc. tanks. :)

Leffler817

CCA Members
That's a sweet tank. Needs more fish though. Come to one of our meetings and score some great fish! :happy0180:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
If you are going to order fish, Dave Rare Aquarium Fish is my go to for Old World cichlids. Dave knows his stuff, is a great guy, and has great stock.

F8LBITE

Members
awesome tank! fill it up with Exochromis Anangenys and some Fossochromis rostratus and some Compressiceps!

leighn

Members
for Substrate i used prior to this tank was the african cichlid substrate but honest after spending alot of money getting the tank and getting it running I was looking for ways to save a dollar. I looked at a few forums and found alot of people used playground sand. Lowes sell 50lb bags of platground sand for 4 buck and if you catch it on a deal like I did its was 2.50 a bag. The sand very clean no dirt or large rock in it. I did wash it to get the dust out.