• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Occoquan River Underwater Footage

AquaStudent

Members
I took Zoe the dog on a hike along the Occoquan today. We ended up taking a side path down to the riverside. I broke out the GoPro and took some underwater footage. Hopefully it turned out all right.

The spot we poked around was by Fountainhead Regional Park. Saw some fishes including quite a few sunnies and some bass.

Here's a picture of Zoe on the bank.

I'm still looking through all the video (I think I got close to 50 minutes total in four different locations) but here's a quick preview I composed.

Got some nice footage of some sunnies

FishEye Underwater View - Occoquan River Preview

AquaStudent

Members
I was surprised at how quickly they approached the camera. I had stepped back and watched them from a distance. It wasn't more than a minute until they had swarmed the camera. Very interesting to watch.

I really like the GoPro. I haven't been able to use it all that much. Been too busy with school. I had built an underwater housing for my cameras but the GoPro is so compact, lightweight, and has some great optics. I hope to do some snorkeling this summer and break it out for that. It's also nice for filming inside the aquarium. It pulls out a nice, new perspective.

Jt731

Members
I have a contour that was on special on Amazon last year. I wish I had splurged a bit more on a model that had wifi or Bluetooth, but I've had a little bit of fun

Jt731

Members
I'll see if I can find some of it. I'm trying to get one of my Bosemani pairs sparring but they won't cooperate