• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB White sand

Troyale

Members
I would like to buy some white sand if anyone has some availible. I also have some stuff to trade if interested.

Thanks

daninmd

Members
I would like to buy some white sand if anyone has some availible. I also have some stuff to trade if interested.

Thanks

not sure where you are at, but I buy Mystic White II pool sand from Danny's in crofton (Davidsonville rd/Crain Hwy intersection). I think the 50lb bag is around $14 or so. the stuff is bright white, not tan like other pool filter sand. cleanest stuff I have ever used, rinsed it a few times and no cloudy washout, very nice. the sand particles are all the same exact size too.

manbern

Members
Dang it. I wish I had found this thread sooner. Already bought Mystic White on Amazon, and got killed on shipping. But yes, this PFS is very clean, and amazingly white! Loving it with my Holey Rock decorations from Universal Rocks!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Don't know what brand it was. I paid $10 for a 50 pound bag. Dumped it right in the tank without washing and never had any issues. The store is on Grove road.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

manbern

Members
Jon, what brand of PFS, how much and so you wash it?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

The brand I bought was called Mystic White II pool filter sand. It sells on Amazon for $9.49 for 50lbs. But because of the weight, the shipping was $30 per bag. I bought 100lbs for $77. If you can find it locally, I definitely recommend doing so. Like I said, I wish I had found this thread sooner. But if you want instant gratification and willing to pay for convenience, here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Filter-Sand-5...sr=8-1&keywords=mystic+white+pool+filter+sand

As far as washing it, I rinsed it and it actually didn't cloud the water up that much. But I washed it anyway since I was mixing some crushed aragonite into it for buffering capability. And when I added to the tank, no cloudiness whatsoever! Hope this helps!

daninmd

Members
The brand I bought was called Mystic White II pool filter sand. It sells on Amazon for $9.49 for 50lbs. But because of the weight, the shipping was $30 per bag. I bought 100lbs for $77. If you can find it locally, I definitely recommend doing so. Like I said, I wish I had found this thread sooner. But if you want instant gratification and willing to pay for convenience, here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Filter-Sand-5...sr=8-1&keywords=mystic+white+pool+filter+sand

As far as washing it, I rinsed it and it actually didn't cloud the water up that much. But I washed it anyway since I was mixing some crushed aragonite into it for buffering capability. And when I added to the tank, no cloudiness whatsoever! Hope this helps!

there are a few places that sell it locally. the one I found was in Crofton (Danny's Pool supply I believe). I just called the manufacturer and asked for sellers in the area that have it.