• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB assassin snails!

blkmjk

Members
Ok well the handful of snails I found in my filter turned into a bazillion. .. I need them to die. I have at least 4 large tanks that need to be cleansed. Best way I read is assassin snails.

How many do I need and how can I get them from a club member for cheaper than 6 bucks each?

Thanks in advance.

Drew

spazmattik

Members
If you find a good source i could use some too.. im trying my blue botia in the infested tank now. Not sure how efective its been cause the snails and the botia hide.. plus my girlfriend netted alot out. We also read about people who would weight a zuchinni or something down and wait till alot hop on board and then remove it. Not sure what the most effective method is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kevin911

Members
I need my tanks to infested with snails, you guys gets all the luck ! :)

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I need my tanks to infested with snails, you guys gets all the luck ! :)

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Kevin
I'm out, usually I got enough to hook you up

Lol my clown labs, mbuna ohhh and peacocks love them as snacks it's so weird...
They sift them out of the sand-natural behavior I know for the peacocks, but the mbuna????

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mchambers

Former CCA member
Assassins

Ok well the handful of snails I found in my filter turned into a bazillion. .. I need them to die. I have at least 4 large tanks that need to be cleansed. Best way I read is assassin snails.

How many do I need and how can I get them from a club member for cheaper than 6 bucks each?

Check with Rachel. She usually has them at reasonable prices. Some club members have extras usually, but you sound like you need quite a few. I'd say you need about 10 for a large tank.

blkmjk

Members
I was told 10 by the guy at pet land as well. I may need a few more for the other tanks that the infestation will likely move to.

Drew

mchambers

Former CCA member
You may get lucky and find that the assassins mails reproduce in your first tank, and then you can move the babies to another tank. In my experience, however, it is pretty random as to whether the assassins reproduce in a particular tank.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I've got a pile of assassin snails. Don't ship, but can deliver to either cookout or next meeting.

Blaise

blkmjk

Members
Sold! I will take what ever I can get!

Pm me with pricing. I will grab some for Matt as well if he needs them. Where are you located I would drive to you if you're not to far.

Drew

spazmattik

Members
Sold! I will take what ever I can get!

Pm me with pricing. I will grab some for Matt as well if he needs them. Where are you located I would drive to you if you're not to far.

Drew
Thanks bro. Only if you can spare some. I would be happy with whatever. We only have them in Kierstens african tank right now (75g)