• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help Id My Calvus

Hey you Tanganyikan experts. Can someone tell me which Altolamprolgus Calvus this is. It's about two inches now. I have had it about eighteen months and I can't remember how it was labled when I got it. I'm also guessing it's a female.

1bCalvus113005.jpg

D

daniel4832

Bobby,
It looks to be a very nice "Black" calvus.
Great picture! ;)
Thanks,
Daniel

longstocking

Members
Altolamprologus calvus.

There are 4 recognized types.

Black
Black Pectoral
White
Yellow

This is what I was informed of my Fogelhund on the forum ( the forum is working on upgrading the profile section to clarify this). I believe this info actually comes from ad konings... at least this is what I was lead to believe.

My guess... you have a black pectoral female :) If you want to be positive... pm Fog.... he's pretty good at id'ing Tangs :)

Thanks Dan and Sarah. I think I got it at our friendly LFS on Liberty Road. I thought it was a "Black" but I've seen these "Blackl Ink" and was wondering if there is any difference.

Black and Black Pectoral. Hmmm.

Here's a closeup of just the head. Does that help any? Both of these shots are from this week, so this is currently what (s)he looks like.

1aCalvus113005.jpg

Maybe I'll just do the pm to Foglehund as you suggested Sarah.

JustRon

Members
yeah, I guess I should have said not THAT MUCH, plus more yellow on the fins and body. But I am no expert on Calvus.

longstocking

Members
From what was told to me there are no Black Pectoral in their profile section. So that isn't going to be much help... untill they update it.