• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish Wanted

Jefft

Members
I am new to CCA and to keeping fish in general. I have found it is a "hook" that sets fast. I am collecting juvies and gathering some future breeding stock. Rather than go strictly through Dave's or a pet store I thought I might put out a wish list see what I might find through our society. I am looking to gather breeding sets of fish like 1 male 3 to 4 females. Though I want to see many of the various breeds go from juvie to adult and breeding, those I am most interested in gathering ASAP are as follows:

Cynotilapia aurifrons Mphanga Rocks
Cynotilapia sp. Hara Gall. Reef.
Cynotilapia zebroides Cobwe "orange back"
Punamilia Neryeri "crimson Tide"
petrotilapia sp. Chitamaba Chitamba Bay
Metriaclima cahanois nkhata bay cobalt zebra
alunocara stuartgranti usisya "flavescent"

I am worried about getting anything in adult size as everything in my 75 and 55 are either juvie or young young adult. largest fish I have is a 3 inch red empress male with his females in the 55. Obviously I cant collect "breeding sets" of all these fish but I will be adding them as I find them. Let me know here if you have or know of any availability of the fish I have listed. Thanks Yall.

Last edited:

Jefft

Members
I also have...
1 male 2 females pundamilia neyerei "red sides"
two female "rusty"
1 male 1 female ( I think) of the red orchid peacocks I would be interested in trading or selling all of these fish.

Jefft

Members
I am new could be wrong but that was what was labelled on the tank I will stop by HOT to make sure I know it was "red orchid" I ll verify when I get back over there.

WendyFish

Members
I have 0.5-0.75" Cyno hara. I am likely to grow them out more significantly before selling, but I will send you a PM when I'm ready to sell, and we can talk if you're still interested.

This is the alpha male:

CynoMale Expo.jpg

Jefft

Members
That sounds good Wendy I would love to have a few. Tony here is what I have found for you. Yeah red orchids and peacock to boot.

HOT is the same fish store that thinks bacteria is in the water column. Now they're making up new peacock names. This is not looking good for them!

There's blue orchids and ruby reds. I'm wondering if they're trying to pass off a hybrid. . .

Jefft

Members
I went to HOT and took Pictures for you guys I cant upload here in this thread but I have put the pictures as well as a shot of the price tag that clearly states. Red Orchid peacocks. 15.00, in my photo album here on this profile take a look for yourself.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Looks like an OB Peacock without the spots. "Red Orchid" must be a new name for a variety of hybrid peacock, kinda like a Firefish or whatever. Could turn out pretty...or not so much.

I'd bet that's the name that was on the wholesaler's sheet.

Matt

cmcpart0422

Members
Looks like it might be one of those hybrid species. I've seen fish that look like that called Strawberry Peacock, Dragonblood Peacock, Fire Fish, and countless more. If its one of those its most likely a cross between a Ruby Red Peacock and some sort of pink peacock. If is one of those then the males can turn out pretty but if not you could end up with just a washed out pink fish.

Wblaze

Members
I have a male and two female elongatus Mphanga Rocks if you are interested in them. They are in the 2" range. Male has great color.