• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

P. sp acei and p. demasoni in one tank

Ading522

Members
How high are my chances for hybrids to develop? spawning activity is so prevalent in the tank..i just stripped my 4 demasoni females, and i can see about 2 holding again.. if hybrids do develop, what is best to do? and how can i identify them?

verbal

CCA Members
I think you are probably ok. Pseudotropheus is really a catch all genus for mbuna. The species live pretty much as different niches as there are in mbuna. The demasoni live very close to rocks and dart through caves. The aeci are more open water.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ading522

Members
I think you are probably ok. Pseudotropheus is really a catch all genus for mbuna. The species live pretty much as different niches as there are in mbuna. The demasoni live very close to rocks and dart through caves. The aeci are more open water.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

i see what you are trying to mean.. i find the acei mostly swimming through the tank, while the demasoni are darting through the rocks i made for them.. well.. its good to know i am safe for the time being.. they are beautiful fish.. thanks jesse!