• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Has anyone seen Flagtails for sale?

Gyarados

Members
I've been hunting around for a reasonably sized Flagtail Characin(Semaprochilodus taeniurus). I've seen them online from places like Ichibans but shipping is expensive for a single fish. Anyone seen them around?

rich_one

Members
Jeff Rapps has 3.5" to 4.5" ones for $35 each, and his shipping is very reasonable because of how close he is. Sorry... just an option. Not aware of anyone local with any for sale.

-Rich

Gyarados

Members
Seriouslyfish has them maxing out at 12"? Have you heard of them getting larger? I read that they did well in groups of at least 7 (any less and they'll fight) but many people seem to keep them solo with other similarly sized fish. Anyone have any personal experience keeping them?

blkmjk

Members
I've seen them at 18" myself but that was in a gigantic setup at the zoo. I would in courage you to get some as long as you have a 24" foot print width.

Drew

kevin911

Members
I would recommend Jeff, are you looking for red fin or the silver and black ?

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

greekz

Members
I just got three the other day around 4" from gunpowderaquatics.com
I had been searching for awhile and they have the best deal you may also find a coupon
if you google. Yeah they can get kinda big and they are jumpers too make sure your lids are secure.