• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My new fishroom

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
So as allot of you know from my thread looking for tanks, I am starting to build a small fishroom. I've already ordered a really big eco plus air pump and sponges so i can run the whole fishroom on air. The tanks Im going to use are 10's, 20's, 29's, and maybe a couple larger ones. So far I have 3 29s, 2 20s, and 1 10. For 2 of the 29s I have my siquia pair and in the other I have my oblongum as a growout tank and later on put them in a 40 breeder. For one of the 20's I'll move my ancistrus sp. pucallpa gold trio and their fry. And in the 10 gallon I'll probably have some kind of live bearer or apisto. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, I've never done anything like this before but I've always wanted to. Also, please pm me or email me if you are selling a tank either of those sizes or stands, heaters, ect. for tanks those sizes.
Thanks
EDIT: I meant to write new fishroom in the title :D

Last edited by a moderator:

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I will but I've been having problems uploading. I'll probably start moving around and adding tanks this weekend

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I havnt moved any of the tanks down yet, Im planning on doing it once the reef tank gets picked up. The room is really big and curves around in an L shape. As you can see in the pics I need to clear away some of the junk and I'll need te get the electricity checked since this has always just been a storage room. In the room right next to it there is a utility sink that I could easily reach a pithon to from the fishroom to make waterchanges fast. Also, if you has any tips or things that have or havnt worked in your fishroom please feel free to tell me.
Here's the room:
fr1.jpg

fr2.jpg

fr4.jpg

fr6.jpg

fr7.jpg

full view:
fr3.jpg

sink:
fr5.jpg

fr1.jpg

fr2.jpg

fr3.jpg

fr4.jpg

fr5.jpg

fr6.jpg

fr7.jpg

fish

Banned
If it comes to the point where you need the reef gone REALLY bad i will
Take it fir free or really cheap when i pick up the pump. But i am quite sure that somebody will take it...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Yah, the reason I want it gone before I move things down is so I can make that tank freshwater and so I can have some money in my pocket when I start picking up tanks :D

fish

Banned
Nice space! Looks like a storage room. Will you be able to move the stuff like umbrellas bikes etc. out or will you have to work around them? Im so jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

That's a great amount of space to work with. I wish I was into fish a few years back before I renovated my basement; I would have done things very differently. Now, it's all about working with what I've got. You have the advantage of looking and listening to what has and hasn't worked for others, and use that to guide you with some of your layouts and such.

I look forward to following your thread as this unfolds and you make progress.

Matt

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Sorry for not updating the progress. Not much has happenned as far as progress. I would've started earlier but i wanted to have some money in my pocket and the reef converted so I could move it to the basement. I was going to have it gone a couple weeks ago but the seller backed out. Thankfully someone else was interested and they came over to get it not long after. Now i have the "previous reef" and 2 tens in the room. I'll start setting up these tanks and get and move more once I get the electricity checked. Pics of the tanks coming soon.
That's a great amount of space to work with. I wish I was into fish a few years back before I renovated my basement; I would have done things very differently. Now, it's all about working with what I've got. You have the advantage of looking and listening to what has and hasn't worked for others, and use that to guide you with some of your layouts and such.

I look forward to following your thread as this unfolds and you make progress.

Matt
Thanks Matt!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
you got a dehumidifier for that room?

yah
Unfortunately, from what the electrition told me, there is no way i can use that room. He told me the plugs are attached to the sump pump and an blow a fuse easily. Thankfully, my mom agreed to let me fill the finished part of the basement, well, half of it. The new room is much bigger and I'll be able to fit even more tanks. The room is great but not perfect. The mane problem is the carpet floors. I clean my 120 by filling up a 30 gallon rubbermaide on wheels with the syphon and then wheel the bucket over to the mud room wich thankfully, isnt very far away and empty the dirty water in the sink with a pump. I was planning on doing the same thing except instead of draining just one tank, I'd drain a few at once and then wheel it over to the utility sink. Unfortunately 30 gallons of water in a big bucket doesnt roll accross carpet too easily. The electrition, who actually had a couple tanks himself for a couple years, told me that what he did in his old fishroom was put down plywood do the bucket could roll easily. He was actually the one who gave me the idea a little while ago. I'll probably put down the plywood this weekend and the tanks should all be up, painted (backround), and leak tested by the week after that. Im so pumped:party0006:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Daniel

For your water changes, just get a larger pump (preferably one that you can connect to a garden hose) then just siphon to the sump and pump to the utility sink. I do essentially the same thing (except I pump outside instead of into a sink) when I do water changes in my fish room and never have to move the sump. The only time I ever get into trouble is when I try to siphon too many tanks at once and the hose flops out of the sump.