• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Snakehead. Pretty Darn Nasty

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
It's actually a delicacy in many Asian countries.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I believe that's how they were introduced to US waterways.... not pets being released, but from a food-fish source.

Tony is right.

The Northern Snakehead is the one causing all the problems and it was never a popular aquarium fish. The Giant Snakehead (the pretty little red one until it turns large and green) was a popular aquarium fish but is tropical and comes from Thailand. Individuals have been found throughout the U.S. (mostly before the federal ban on snakeheads) but the only breeding populations are suspected to be only in South Florida.

Northern Snakeheads come from China and can tolerate cold water. They are the ones that are breeding. They are popular as food fish and were released by fishmongers.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I've had snakehead. It was very good. Nothing remarkable. But I'd have it again.

Blaise

Jmty

Members
saw a vid on tv the guy hook them up and hit it with an aluminnun bat( animal planet) monster fish i believe.

Bigred

Members
Restaurants are allowed to purchase and serve snakehead in MD and DC. It is illegal to sell or purchase them in VA still.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App