• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Signatus Not Interested

zackcrack00

Members
So at the last meeting I got a pair of wild Pelvicachromis signatus. I have done 2 water changes since they've been here and have been feeding krill veggie matter, and bloodworms (all frozen) which are things that they eat in the wild. I put a mirror in last night and the female and male were at the "other pair" (reflection) for an hour or two before the female gave up and is now showing off to the male and swimming into the cave. It's clear she wants to breed but ever since last night the male is not paying her any attention and is fighting the male in the mirror. Should I leave it in or take it out?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
Take it out. These are new fish for you so give them time to settle in and get to know the tank. Ted Judy said he doesn't leave the mirror in all the time. They will get used to it and ignore it.

If he is fighting the other male he has no time for Hanky Panky.:D. Just my .02

So at the last meeting I got a pair of wild Pelvicachromis signatus. I have done 2 water changes since they've been here and have been feeding krill veggie matter, and bloodworms (all frozen) which are things that they eat in the wild. I put a mirror in last night and the female and male were at the "other pair" (reflection) for an hour or two before the female gave up and is now showing off to the male and swimming into the cave. It's clear she wants to breed but ever since last night the male is not paying her any attention and is fighting the male in the mirror. Should I leave it in or take it out?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app