• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free - Tempered Glass for large home built aquarium

mab

Members
I have the following sheets of 1/2 inch tempered glass. Please be advise that tempered glass cannot be cut. These are ideal for anyone interested in making large plywood tanks --that was my plan but space is not available and will not become so. Largest sheet (76 15/15") would make the front for a 300 plus gallon aquarium. The 31" sheets could used for two end pieces or the 48 9/16" could be used for one end piece in an absolutely huge aquarium. Any of these pieces could be used individually to build a really nice plywood aquarium. There are plans on the internet for building and finishing plywood aquariums.

All are 22 1/4" x 1/2"

The other dimensions are:
76 15/16"
48 9/16"
31" - two of these
17 1/2"

Pick-up only in Reston, VA.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Very generous of you, Mike. Definitely will be looking for large pieces of tempered glass down the road to do the same.

(Maria... Hurry up, let's find a new house!) ;)

Ading522

Members
Nice! Wish I had the space do to a DIY aquarium..hmmmmm..soon..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Thai

Members
I'll take the 76" piece and the 31"s as well this is the reason I need to build a tank

mab

Members
I'll take the 76" piece and the 31"s as well this is the reason I need to build a tank

When can you pick-up. I'm cleaning out the garage and would like to move soonest. I'm home everyday now due to the shutdown - so pick-up can be any time. Give me a day/time and I'll PM address and phone number.

mab

Members
Are you coming toa ther meeting?

Sent from my SCH-I400 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I may make finally be able to make the meeting; however, if someone wants to pick-up first they'll get it since I'm cleaning out the garage.

Forester

Members
I wouldlike smallest piece I'm willing to pay for you to hold it for me

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Thai

Members
I can do if not tomorrow, than Thursday, flexible on time, pm me and we'll go over details.

mab

Members
I wouldlike smallest piece I'm willing to pay for you to hold it for me

Thanks for the offer; however, cleaning out the garage soonest is my motivation. If no one takes it by the meeting and if I make it to the meeting I'll bring it.

Forester

Members
Thanks Jesse that would be great.

Thai

Members
Michael tried calling you, My friend Eric can pick up from you ASAP this morning, give either me or him a call back, I'm the 0937 number

dogofwar

CCA Members
If anyone else is looking for some glass for a DIY tank or two, I've got a couple of cracked tanks in need of removal:

2 x 4' 55gs - one has a crack on the short side and is heavy duty (thick) glass and the other is partially disassembled and has one long side, the base and 2 short sides.

Also have a 30g (3') cracked on a short side.

If you'd like them, please take all three for free... I'm in Potomac, MD near exit 5....

Matt