• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rules for the Rare Fish Silent Auction

jonclark96

Past CCA President
As you hopefully know by now, there is a Rare Fish Silent Auction on Saturday afternoon during AquaMania. We're in the process of getting donations from sponsors, vendors, and CCA members to put into the auction.

Below are the rules for the auction. These will be included in the welcome package at the event, as well as posted at the auction itself, but we wanted to post them on the forum as well. Please let me know if there are any questions.

1. You must be a registered attendee of AquaMania 2013 to bid.

2. Names must be written legibly on the auction sheet. Full name should be written on first bid for each individual. Last name only may be used for subsequent bids.

3. Winners must report to the Auction Chairman within 5 minutes of the close of the auction. If the winner does not show to claim their prize, the lot will be awarded to the next highest bidder.

4. Payment for auction must be made at time of bid closing. Cash is preferred, but PayPal will also be accepted. PayPal payments are subject to the 3% fee charged by PayPal to transfer funds. We are unable to take credit cards or checks at this time.

5. If there is an active bidding war at the time the auction closes, a live auction will be conducted to determine the winner of the lot. A bidding war is defined as more than 2 bid increases within the last 30 seconds of the auction. The live auction will be open to only bidders who have previously bid on the item. No new bidders will be allowed to participate. The opening bid of the live auction will be the last bid written on the auction sheet. The CCA reserves the right to decide if any lot deserves to go to a live auction. The decision of the auction chairman will be final.

6. Lots become the property of the winning bidder once payment is received. CCA will not be able to maintain fish after the auction has ended. Some fish in the auction will have been received from vendors via overnight delivery the day of the auction, so it is recommended that all fish are placed into clean tank/water as soon as possible.

7. If the name on the bidding sheet is not legible, the CCA reserves the right to award the lot to the highest readable name. Please print your name instead of signing.

8. The minimum bid increment is $1. Bids using fractions of a dollar will not be accepted.

Quicklynx

Members
I have to work at 4pm on sunday.

If I am reading correctly we pay as soon as the silent auction ends, which is around 230?

Just want to make sure I have time to get around to work afterwards.

Thanks

dogofwar

CCA Members
If you need one more reason to register... ONLY registered attendees will be able to bid in the Rare Fish Silent Auction.

This is going to be fun!

Donations from some awesome vendors and hobbyists...some CARES and uber-rare stuff on tap.

Matt

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I will post more details once I have a final plan, but just wanted to make sure people knew that some auctions will be ending before 2:30. Please come early to see what fish are available, and what time each auction will end. It would be chaos to try and close all auctions at once since we will likely have 20-30 lots.

As an added bonus, each auction will include a 4 oz sample of repashy, donated by Ted Judy.