• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Current Fish Stock List

JLW

CCA Members
Whew, Raleigh was an awesome weekend, but wiped me out on some fishes! STill, there are LOTS of cool fish to buy. I may or may not accept girl scout cookies and cadbury eggs as currency ....

Freshwater Fish

Apistogramma

Apisto. algodon Type-I 2 $60 Pair Trios also available, ask.
These are a beautiful and unusual Apistogramma species.

Apisto. breitbinden ONE PAIR $50 Per Pair
This is the a beautiful Apisto with a great, tall fin.

Apisto. iniridae 6 $10
A very uncommon wild caugh Apisto. These guys are running about an inch or so. Sex not guaranteed.

Apisto. macmasteri Blue 30 $10
These are very small fry right now. Absolutely too small to sex.

A. macmasteri Blue Trim One Group $100 Quad (MFFF)
Great for a breeding project! Buy before the end of February, and I'll throw in 3 coconut huts, one for each lady!

Apisto. panduro, Juveniles Few $15 4 for $50
Sex not guaranteed

Apisto. panduro, Adults 4 $60 Per Pair
Very nice!

Apisto. viejita "Rio Meta" 2 Trios $100 Per TRIO
Probably my favourite Apisto that I've got in stock right now. Gorgeous, very big, very beautiful!

Apisto. cacatuoides "Triple Red" Juveniles 25 $20 SALE!!! 3 for $50, 6 for $80
Sex Probable But Not Guaranteed

Double Red agassizi 20 $15 each
Pairs probable, not guaranteed.

Other Cichlids

Redtail Manacacia Cichlid 6 $25 BLOW OUT! $15 each

Gymno. balzanii (Small) 15 $5

Laetacara thayeri, Adults (False Keyhole Cichlid) 6 $15 3 for $40
This is the "False Keyhole Cichlid," a very peaceful, shy substitute for the true Keyhole.

Laetacara thayeri, Juvenile 100 $8 3 for $20

Laetacara sp. "Buckelkopf" 50 $15 Juveniles at about 1"

Loricarids
Lemon Drop Ancistrus 25 $18
A gorgeous variety of Bushy Nosed Pleco. These are a yellow with long, veil fins. Awesome little algae eaters.

Red Ancistrus 20 $25 SALE! $20.
Awesome dwarf bushynose pleco that is a very cool solid red.

Rhino Pleco (4") 4 $10

Ancistrus triradiatus 12 $10
Neat little bushy nose pleco. Tank raised by a local breeder!

Ancistrus sp. "Basic Bushy Nose" 25 $6 3 for $15
The basic aquarium bushy nose, brown, either locally bred (usually) or farm raised. These are the ideal algae eating pleco. If you're still buying regular ol' "plecos," Batfish will have words for you. The BNP gets to a maximum size of about 4", perfect for most tanks, breeds easily, looks cool and ... best of all ... it ... eats ... brown ... algae. The type most of us have in the aquarium. Great algae eaters.

Other Catfish:

Corydoras erhartii 10 $6 3 for $15

Corydoras violetti (C. similis variant) 25 $12, 3 for $30 Similar to C. similis, but purple-ish

Corydoras habrosus 30 $4 3 for $10

Hara jerdoni (Stone Cat) 25 $5 3 for $12

Pterodoras granulosis 2 $30 2 for $50 (Only 2)
P. granulosis is a beautiful but very large catfish. These two are about 5" long right now, but will grow to about 24-36" in the aquarium. These are not a catfish for a small aquarium.

Rainbowfish:

Glossolepis wanamensis 5 $8 5 for $35
The Lake Wanam rainbowfish is a beautiful emerald rainbow that competes with the Turquois Rainbowfish for the title of prettiest green. It is fairly uncommon. These are five small juveniles, at about 1.5".

Melanotaenia kamaka 12 $10

Turquoise Rainbow 12 $8 SALE! $5

Signifer Rainbowfish (Pseudomugil signifer) 20 $10 3 for $27
GOOGLE THESE FISH. If you're keeping Gertrudes or Furcata, they're this fish's ugly cousin. These are some of the nicest Signifers I've ever had in stock, too.

Featherfin Rainbow (Iriatherina werneri) 25 $12 ULTRA NICE:
These are among the nicest Featherfins (or Threadfins) I have seen. Lately, these fish are just coming in beautiful. As such, we're having a "Get 'em While They're Gorgeous" sale -- as long as they're this nice, take advantage! $10 each or a M/F pair for $18 WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.

Tetras:

Ember Tetra (H. amandae) 50 6 for $12

Loretto Tetra 25 6 for $24, 12 for $40

Sailfin Tetras, Breeding Size 15 $20 M/F PAIR, $12 each otherwise.
These are not the pitiful Sailfin Tetras you sometimes see in the store. These are full grown, adult sailfin tetras. This is a beautiful, unusual tetra that pairs off and spawns in caves, like a cichlid. Not at all aggressive. A great way to earn some BAP points in a category that few people do (tetras).

Buenos Aeres Tetra 5 All five, $15

Cyprinids (Barbs, Danios, Rasboras, etc).

Barbus fasciatus (Melon Barb) 5 $9 SALE!!! 5 for $35

Giant Danio 25 $3 3 for $8

Tinwini Gold Ring Danio 9 $5 These guys came in very small. Buy all 9 for $30

Celestial Pearl Danio (Galaxy Rasbora) OUT UNTIL WEDS $5 3 for $12, 6 for $22

Asian Rummynose Rasbora (Sawba) 15 $6 6 for $25

All Other Fishes:

Crown Tail Betta, Male 4 $8 Mostly reds. Colour not guaranteed

Albino Topaz Guppies 1 Pair Left! $18 PAIR

Desert Goby 3 $10 each Currently only females available.
This is an unusual freshwater goby that is not often encountered in the hobby, and should be. These are adults running about 2". They are easily spawned, and easily kept, even in tanks as small as a 5-G.

Inverts:

Nerite Snail 25 $3 Asst. Types, Our Pick

White Crawfish 10 $10 SALE!!! $8

Cambarellus texanus 20 $12 3 for $30
A small, dwarf crayfish. Relatively friendly with fishes and plants.

Cambarellus Vasquez 20 $12 3 for $30
These small dwarf crays are similar to the C. texanus above. Unfortunately, my supplier has terrible handwriting, and I have been unable to get a positive identification on this species. This is as best as I can translate his handwriting. If you know what these are, please contact me. Seem to be another peaceful, dwarf cray.

NO CRAYFISH SALES TO VIRGINIA. Must pick up in Maryland or have delivered (NOT TO VIRGINIA).

All Other Animals

American Siren 6 $30 Cool, primitive, fully aquatic amphibian! Money back guarantee, will not sing.

Fire Newts 6 $6 Mostly aquatic newt. Bright red bellies. Will eat small fish.

House Gecko 6 $10 NON AQUATIC.

COLLECTOR SPECIALS and LONELY HEARTS
These are extremely unusual fish, one of a kind fish, or fish that are ideal for dedicated breeders, as well as Lonely Hearts. Please only order these fish if you are willing and able to breed them, and/or have mates for these lonely hearts.

Moenkhausia spp. Small school (about six fish) $80
These are an unknown species of Moenkhausia, that if I had to guess was M. simulata. They remind me a lot of congo tetras. There are five or six fish in the tank (hey, they're fast!). The entire group is available for $80 IF and only IF you are an experienced tetra breeder. This is a super cool fish that I want to see represented in the hobby.

Gymnogeophagus sp. Group $150
This is an undescribed, unknown species of Gymno. You are buying the entire group, which is four individuals. Neat looking.

Lyonsi Cichlid One $20 5" Male

Frontosa Three $50
Frontosa var "Burundi". Good size and colour, about 4" If you send us a video of you singing "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Frontosa," we may knock $10 off. Or tack $10 on, depends.

Chaca chaca 1 $30
Massive Wood Cat 1 $30
He's about 6 long, and very cool looking. Come on, buy a fish you'll ogle in the bag and never again see.

Giant Marbled Achara Cat 1 $150
Super huge, at about 24". Will ONLY ship airport to airport or UPS overnight. Local pickup or delivery preferred. Please tell me what size tank you have for this beast.

Jaguar Catfish 1 $75
Running about 6" long right now. Appears to be Liosomadoras oncinus.

Plant Price
Java Fern, Windelov $4

Thai Crinum $8 (BIG BULBS)

Aponogeton stachysporus $10 (VERY COOL!)

Red Dwarf Lily BULB $2

Anubias, Assorted (Our Choice) $12 or 3 for $30

i'm interested in the jag catfish. i had one and lost him last year to a mysterious death after raising him up to about 9 inches

JLW

CCA Members
What do you mean "another" Central American cichlid? I don't think there's any on the list. :)

Send me, via e-mail, a specific wish list, and I'll see what I can do! I actually do have a few other fish which aren't on the list (due to very small numbers), but will be at AquaMania!

J.

rich_one

Members
Well, since we're being all technical, I didn't say "another"... I said "more"... As in, in addition to the lyonsi I know you have, or at least had! LOL... Not looking for anything in particular right this second (well, maybe a show quality regani at some point). Was just asking in general if you'll eventually carry more of them, that's all. Can't wait to see what your bringing to Aquamania!

-Rich

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JLW

CCA Members
Hmm, I do seem a little southerly focused right now, don't I? :)

I definitely do plan on it. Keep the requests coming in, though!