• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help Sick Fish

Ok my problem is not with the fish that took the beating it's that I no longer have a quarantine tank. Can I get away with treating the beating up fish with medication and not be concerned with it affecting the healthy fish? I have them separated by egg crate at this time so they are apart.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

blkmjk

Members
What is the sickness and what is the medicine?

Get those LaCiebas?

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

drew I shouldnt say sickness I should have said trying to save it form a beating from hell that it took from a tankmate. I would be treating for frayed fins and serious open wounds on both sides of the body. Btw I did pick them up last night thanks alot if I had known Brandon was coming your way I would have rode out with him. I actually got some RTMs last night as well.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
What are you treating with? I wouldn't be concerned with Melafix, Pimafix, or salt affecting other fish in the tank.

Another option would be to get a mid sized rubbermaid container (you can usually get them for less than $15) and use that as a temporary tank for treatment. They are durable, cheap, and effective. I know Tony kept fish in quarantine for a month in rubbermaids with no issues at all. Just drop in a sponge filter and a heater and you are good to go.

Jon you just solved my problem not sure why I didnt think of this before since I used them when I had to moved tanks around while having my basement finished. I know I have at least 6 of the darn things in storage somewhere between the basement and the garage. See somethings in life are so simple you have to ask for help to solve them.

blkmjk

Members
Jon, Excellent idea! Gonna put that one in the memory bank.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!