• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Howdy

Rothgar68

Members
Hi All,

I'm Sean, a friend of Tony's, and I met a bunch of you at Aquamania and last week's auction.

I'm getting back into fish after a long break. Here's a pic of the tank so far. I've got a school of Blue Rams, Panda corys, and a few bristlenose plecos.

20130407_173331.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome Sean! I think I was one of the ones you met at Aquamania. The tank looks great. Are you going to come to the meeting on Saturday?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sean! Glad you made it over here, dude.

I've been trying to give Sean good stocking advice for his new world community. It's a 3' long 45 gallon BTW.

One thing we've been talking about.... anyone have any experience with loud Whisper filters? Is there a way to quiet them down? I have all AC's.

Jon and Jesse - pretty sure you guys both met Sean.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've found all HOB's to be noisy, with AC's being the best of the bunch. I switched all mine over to AC's over the past year.

Rothgar68

Members
I've got other plans for this Saturday, but I'm sure I'll make a meeting soon.

I don't ever remember my old whispers being this noisy, but this new 60 is rattling so loud. I've ordered an AC 70 to see how it works, so I'm not super concerned, just curious.

Rothgar68

Members
It could be that I moved the whisper to a sump set-up inside the stand, but I still remember the other tanks having whispers on them as well.

Tony

One thing that I completely blew was the temperature range on these fish... we realized that after Sean had already picked up a bunch of stuff. Searching around, high temp for the cories is around 77dF and low temp for the rams is around 77dF. So 77dF should be fine, right?

verbal

CCA Members
77 should work ok. Sterbai might be a better cory option if you want to go higher for the Rams. Or bolivan rams match most cories temperature range.

Or getting another tank is always an option :)

mchambers

Former CCA member
Sean,

Nice talking with you last weekend.

Tony probably told you about the infectious condition known as MTS. If not, you might want to check with him.

Matt

Rothgar68

Members
I've had MTS before, but I got better. Although I have thought about getting a smaller tank and giving the pandas their own space with better temps.

Tony

I've had MTS before, but I got better. Although I have thought about getting a smaller tank and giving the pandas their own space with better temps.

I've got a clean 10 for you if you have the space underneath the stand. Fairly simple to breed from what I've heard. :)

zackcrack00

Members
Pandas and Albinos are my favorite types of cory catfish. You have some nice-looking Pandas, there, man! Are you going to listen today about breeding them? Are you going to breed them?

Rothgar68

Members
I'm not sure if I'll get into breeding yet. Maybe some time down the road.

I'm just getting this tank started and want to make sure things work smoothly for now.

Although it appears that panda corys would do well at auctions.

Tony

Post up some pics or video, Sean. Phone camera shot from yesterday looked great.

Shoot, seen other pics up until now, why not start a build thread?

We love build threads. :)