• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Crazy A$$ Fish

That crazy fish bit me last night. He is the Pit Bull of all fish. Umbee, Dovi, blk nasties have nothing on this fish. Words can not explain and those that have seen him know exactly what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387912561.495776.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
What is it? Looks like a Hericthys of some sort...

I HATE getting attacked by fish. My African lungfish scared me to death...

Matt

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I never get used to fish nipping at me. On occasion, my big boys in my 180 will jump out of the water and nip my finger when feeding them. Always makes me jump.

chriscoli

Administrator
I was fixing a small rockslide in one of my 40B's.....silly me....I didn't check first and hadn't noticed that the Altos had just spawned and daddy was hiding right under the rocks I was rearranging.

He lunged out and grabbed that bit of extra skin right between my thumb and pointer finger....AND TRIED TO SHAKE IT LIKE A DOG WITH A RABBIT! (mind you, this is only a 4" fish....maybe 4.5" max)

I totally freaked out when it happened. In fact I've got a bit a PTSD about sticking my hand in that tank now....I've been using BBQ tongs. :unsure:

Thai

Members
Did you get him from house of tropical? Try had a hybrid that looked like that that I almost bought but they couldn't sell him because they didn't know what it was...they thought it was a red terror but it was meaner than hell at only 3"

Yea he drew blood latched on for a couple of long seconds and the strange thing is that he does not have staggered teeth like most he has a full top and bottom row like a person and you can hear the teeth hit the glass it's so weird

tparker

Members
Saw that fish. He ain't right. Glass bangin fool. Funny thing is that there's an untouched female tank mate.

Sent from my E270BSA using MonsterAquariaNetwork App