• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Many great finds!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I took a trip yo HOT yesterday. They had many wonderful treasures. Best treasure of all had to be Franny! I was fortunate to have her assistance.
They were just getting in a large shipment of fw fish. Franny said they will have new plants next week. I picked up 15 emporer tetras, a pair of dwarf pike, a pair of pelvicachromis suboscellatus (sp?) mislabeled as kribensis, a pair of small green terrors, rosy barbs and a pair of mollys (for multiple tanks, of course). I also picked up a couple plants.

They had many interesting plecos (114s for under $40), and cories. I did not look at the old world section. I used my discount coupon picked up at Aquamania. It made a huge difference. If you are thinking of making the trip to HOT, stop thinking. Get in your car and go!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Fine, well, I'm going thursday to steal Jon's fish (don't worry I generally walk past the brown ones).

I am actually planning to go thursday though, hopefully Franny or Sarah will be working. They generally do have awesome stock, and regularly carry apistos, tons of angels and discus, livebearers, cool plecos, etc.

Anyone else that picked up the coupon from Aquamania, its well worth the trip, and even if you didn't you should stop by to check out their selection. I rarely walk out empty handed. They have a great selection of live and frozen foods which makes that even harder.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
HOT definitely had an awesome selection. I couldn't believe the number of really nice L-plecos they had, all identified and healthy in appearance. I think nearly every tank was packed, or at least inhabited, and they had something for everyone (tetras, danios, discus, apistos, vieja, opthalmatilapia, etc.)

I came home with a few groups of stuff I was excited about:

8 Yo-yo loaches (for future 180 community)
7 Ivantshoff rainbows (for 10g nano tank)
4 Green Sailfin Mollies (for future 180 community)

I left the brown fish for Jon and other NW fans, but they had plenty (synspilum, black belts, trimacs, jurupari, etc.)

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Glad your trip was succesful. I think that the mollys I bought were also the green... though they don't look very green.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Yeah, I just liked them because they were the closest I've seen to a 'wild-type' anywhere. I know black are technically wild type, but I wanted some non designer mollies, and I like the hifins of these guys.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Yeah, I just liked them because they were the closest I've seen to a 'wild-type' anywhere. I know black are technically wild type, but I wanted some non designer mollies, and I like the hifins of these guys.

That is exactly why I picked them! Those black mollies with the orange trim on the male's tail were nice too. Since I was unsure if they resembled a wild type I passed on them.

mchambers

Former CCA member
You guys are getting me excited! Want to leave my office now and head to Glen Burnie, but I can't.

I will get all the tan fish that Jon left.

chriscoli

Administrator
I came home with some yoyo loaches (thanks, Mike for the heads up). I need to do some serious snail patrol and figured these guys could be rotated around among some of my tanks to nab the snails I miss.

I also saw some threadfin rainbows....a quick search from my phone while standing in the store made me think I should do some more homework on them before buying. Anyone keep these before?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Not I ;)

Were the CCA signs still up at the register, entrance and wall behind the cichlid area?

Matt

I came home with some yoyo loaches (thanks, Mike for the heads up). I need to do some serious snail patrol and figured these guys could be rotated around among some of my tanks to nab the snails I miss.

I also saw some threadfin rainbows....a quick search from my phone while standing in the store made me think I should do some more homework on them before buying. Anyone keep these before?