• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Any bowlers on here?

spazmattik

Members
I am on a league. I don't think I am consistent enough to consider myself a good bowler, but I like to think I am decent. (189 average)

BUT!.. I just shot my first 300 game! now I have to figure out what size ring I will need. :)

Becca

Members
Nice! I used to be ok at it, but it's been years. It was the only thing to do in the town where I grew up. We had a bowling alley and an ice-rink - that was about it.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Congratulations!!!

I once threw 9 strikes in a row in a league one time. Then I threw a split with the 1st ball in the 10 frame.
Nerves got to me. Everyone else in the place was standing behind my lane watching by the time I got #7 or 8. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. LOL

Last edited:

spazmattik

Members
Thanks! No joke Pat. It was intense. The 9th and 10th were the hardest for me. Then i think i just kind of had tunnel vision haha.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
LOL
I think I noticed around the 6th or 7th that it was very quiet in the building. I looked both ways and noone else was bowling. LOL
Best part was back when I did that I only had like a 140 average. Was way over my norm.
After that I went up but never had an average as good as yours.
Think my best was only in the 160's.
That was many moons ago. lol
I might be able to hit 50 now.

QuarterMiler

Members
Congrats!

I used to bowl several times a week, and in fact it's where I met my wife who also bowled. I haven't done it 10+ years, but the last year I did, I averaged 206. Never shot a 300, 297 best with a horrible shot on the 12th ball! A few 279's and a 290 after that. I know what everyone means with the nerves, the whole building got silent! The equipment today is so much more advanced, and it shows, as average are much higher across the board than years ago. I have a few friends who are excellent bowlers, one of who has about 30+ 300 games, a bunch of 800+ series, and has won a PBA regional!

spazmattik

Members
Congrats!

I used to bowl several times a week, and in fact it's where I met my wife who also bowled. I haven't done it 10+ years, but the last year I did, I averaged 206. Never shot a 300, 297 best with a horrible shot on the 12th ball! A few 279's and a 290 after that. I know what everyone means with the nerves, the whole building got silent! The equipment today is so much more advanced, and it shows, as average are much higher across the board than years ago. I have a few friends who are excellent bowlers, one of who has about 30+ 300 games, a bunch of 800+ series, and has won a PBA regional!
Thats very impressive. 800 series are practically unheard of in my league. But if he has that many 300 games i could see how he got those series lol. Believe it or not, i havent even had a 700 series yet! Ive come close several times but its not easy to do :p

QuarterMiler

Members
Thats very impressive. 800 series are practically unheard of in my league. But if he has that many 300 games i could see how he got those series lol. Believe it or not, i havent even had a 700 series yet! Ive come close several times but its not easy to do :p
It's been a while, but I think my best series was around 750.