• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Snakes

Localzoo

Board of Directors
used to own a pet store, which specialized in reptiles, from 2002-2006. not only do i have some leftover from that, but i made many connections there and through expos and such. i don't really focus too much on any one genus per se, but i just seem to have acquired a lot of crotalus and naja over the years. as far as where to acquire them, best bet is always northern berks; a reptile expo held roughly every-other month in hamburg pa. it's important to remember though that while this is all 100% legal in pennsylvania, virginia's laws governing "dangerous wildlife" are administered at the county level and i don't believe that any in northern virginia are too very accommodating. maryland, i have no idea about. another option for acquiring these things is kingsnake.com classifieds. and, of course, it helps to know people who are breeding or importing. i used to do a bit of both before i semi-relocated.

Cool that's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lkelly

Members
Here is Bugo and me at DC Fashion Week, modeling a cool dress.

I think this guy came right after you, showing off his utilitarian snake "Flushy."

auger_01.jpg

toddnbecka

Members
Updated list: 6.4 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 BCI, 0.0.1 jungle cross carpet python, and 0.0.1 Okeetee corn snake, 0.1 everglades rat snake, and 0.0.1 diamondback water snake.

Jeff721

Members
maryland, i have no idea about.

Venomous reptiles are illegal to own in Maryland without a permit. (MD. CODE ANN., CRIMINAL LAW § 10-621)
From what I understand, the person who does the DNR permitting for wildlife in MD is a bit of a PETA person, so she really hates granting permits.

lkelly

Members
Updated list: 6.4 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 BCI, 0.0.1 jungle cross carpet python, and 0.0.1 Okeetee corn snake, 0.1 everglades rat snake, and 0.0.1 diamondback water snake.

Although I have always liked snakes and even kept a black rat snake as a pet for a short period of time as a kid (the science museum loaned it to my parents so I could watch it shed and feed it a mouse or two), I'm not sure I understand the "software version numbers" you are using. Can you explain that?

The alternative explanation is that you have 6 Dominican red mountain boas and 40% of the other one left, but that seems a little morbid.

Although I have always liked snakes and even kept a black rat snake as a pet for a short period of time as a kid (the science museum loaned it to my parents so I could watch it shed and feed it a mouse or two), I'm not sure I understand the "software version numbers" you are using. Can you explain that?

The alternative explanation is that you have 6 Dominican red mountain boas and 40% of the other one left, but that seems a little morbid.

the numbers refer to gender. left side of the decimal is male, right side female. if there's a third number, that's unsexed. so if you have a breeding trio and unsexed babies it would appear as 1.2.16, a pair is 1.1, a single female is 0.1, etc.

lkelly

Members
the numbers refer to gender. left side of the decimal is male, right side female. if there's a third number, that's unsexed. so if you have a breeding trio and unsexed babies it would appear as 1.2.16, a pair is 1.1, a single female is 0.1, etc.

Thanks. That's extremely efficient, but just cryptic enough to maintain the cool factor for those that don't understand it (like me, circa 5 minutes ago).