• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: 10 Gallon Hood

NYfan78

Members
Looking for a glass canaopy or a hood for a 10 gallon tank. I have a 5 1/2 gallon for trade or cash.

iamzrad

Members
Measure your tank dimensions. Go to Home Depot and buy a sheet/panel of their glass and just get it cut there.
(get it cut in half so you leave the glass towards the back alone and just lift up the front one for access.

Simple, done.

NYfan78

Members
I can go to petco and buy a glass canopy for $10.00. Was wondering if anyone had anything cheaper....but good idea!

toddnbecka

Members
If you're going to make a custom top don't use 1/8" glass, 3/16" is much better for that purpose. It won't sag in the middle like 1/8" will, though a 10 gallon tank isn't all that wide...
I have some vinyl channel lying around if you want to make a sliding glass top with 2 pieces. I used it on a 30 long with 1/8" glass, then eventually bought a regular versa-top for the tank.