• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Edsal / Home Depot / Lowes Shelf Unit Project

Vinh2o

Members
This weekend I am thinking about purchasing a Edsal Shelf for some 40 Gallon Breeders. There have been many post in this group with tips for setting them up for tanks. Tips like using real wood instead of the cheap board that comes with it. Placing some type of water proof treatment on the board. And using some type of insulator between the tank and board to help retain the heat. Does anyone have a Edsal stand set up with tanks that I can come check out to see how all of this comes together before I set mine up? Also I need to know the specific names of the additional items to go with the Edsal rack. I would be thankful for any help or information that I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I also used the basic shelf but added a piece of cross bracing at the back. Search my threads, I took pictures along the way. It's all pretty straight forward. The only trick to remember is that you need to slide the bottom tank into place between the vertical supports before putting on the top shelf and tank. The shelf is the exact size for the tank and the vertical supports are L-shaped, so the tank has to be lowered from above instead of slid in from the front.

You are welcome to come take a look at my set up, but I'm leaving in the morning for the ACA convention and won't be home until Sunday late.

Tangcollector

Staff member
I have a set up and you are welcome to come see it. I use the board form the shelving but I did Polyeurothane the shelves to resist water.