• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New to CCA

ccp2007

Members
Hi y'all!

Just wanted to introduce myself.

My hubby and I have shared an African cichlid tank for about 3 years now. He took over last spring when I got preggo with our 3rd baby girl and fell ill during and after pregnancy. I had our wee one January 6 and am now back on my feet and ready to jump back in the hobby.

I have set up a 55 and now a 30.

Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 12 gilled babies

Ading522

Members
Welcome! Lots of great people here.. Hope you make it to one of our meetings and also become a paying member..( its got a lot going for $20/year) including discounts at some vendors..:)

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Welcome! Congrats and yayyyy for January babies I'm a January baby too just off by 25+ years lol
Everyone here is awesome and very helpful. Come check our next meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ccp2007

Members
I accidentally clicked submit too soon lol.

I now have a 55 and 30 set up for myself...

I just bought my prize fish, the one I've been wanting for a long time and finally talked the hubby in to letting me buy it...my Festae, Lucy :)
uploadfromtaptalk1400474830882.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400474869697.jpg

And I also have a 2" clown loach. My hubby has a 75 for his African cichlids.

So here I am starting again and loving every minute. My parents kept fish and so did my hubby's parents so we both knew quite a but before jumping in.

I am super excited! I'm a DIY kinda girl. I love building and tinkering. Everything I own I try to do myself first. So any cool ideas, throw my way and I would love to help!

Btw, any Texans around here??? ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1400474830882.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400474869697.jpg

ccp2007

Members
Anyone know where I can get a pair of Laetacara dorsigera. They should be
fairly common but I haven't seen any around. Anyone keeping these?

My hubby's bday is January 14, my oldest daughter is Jan 15, Grandpa Jan 16, mom Jan 26 and now my youngest is Jan 6. Honestly, January is WAY TOO STRESSFUL for me...especially after Christmas. Talk about a huge dent in the pocket lol

Localzoo

Board of Directors
My hubby's bday is January 14, my oldest daughter is Jan 15, Grandpa Jan 16, mom Jan 26 and now my youngest is Jan 6. Honestly, January is WAY TOO STRESSFUL for me...especially after Christmas. Talk about a huge dent in the pocket lol

Lol so winter is not a good time for you?

Ps nice looking Festae

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ccp2007

Members
Welcome Welcome. You need some New world cichlids too. Maybe an angel tank for the kids *wink wink*

The problem with that is we're tapped out on tanks and fish and we're trying to rearrange the fishes placement right now.

We have: 75g, 55g and 30g

Fish we have:
3" female Festae,6" female Jack Dempsey, Rubin red peacock, Ruby peacock, Ruby Crystal peacock, yellow fin, 2 red jewels, 2 Bichirs, knife fish, common pleco and a clown loach and we have 2 unknown breeding pair of African cichlids that we want to rehome.

I made a thread for input on placement of the fish yesterday.

I know JD and Festae will either need their own tanks or share a much larger tank.

My daughter brought home the knife fish and put it in the 55 with my Festae and CL. The darn thing was COVERED in Ich! This was one VERY unhappy Mommy lol. So after i treated and cured ich I tore apart my 55 so I could deep clean the whole thing and start over. So right now my Festae is in the 30, the knife fish is still in the 55 and the rest in the 75...ugh, been a nightmare lately lol.

Here's a pic of the Ich infested knife my daughter brought home. Sorry, it's kinda blurry. And idk why the pic is upside down lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1400598798111.jpg
Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

uploadfromtaptalk1400598798111.jpg

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I accidentally clicked submit too soon lol.

I now have a 55 and 30 set up for myself...

I just bought my prize fish, the one I've been wanting for a long time and finally talked the hubby in to letting me buy it...my Festae, Lucy :)
View attachment 11088View attachment 11089

And I also have a 2" clown loach. My hubby has a 75 for his African cichlids.

So here I am starting again and loving every minute. My parents kept fish and so did my hubby's parents so we both knew quite a but before jumping in.

I am super excited! I'm a DIY kinda girl. I love building and tinkering. Everything I own I try to do myself first. So any cool ideas, throw my way and I would love to help!

Btw, any Texans around here??? ;)

Welcome and stunning festae!

ccp2007

Members
looks like an african brown knife

Yes, it's an African brown knife :) I'll try to take a pic of him tomorrow now that the Ich is all gone.

We have a friend that'll probably be taking him since we are a bit crowded right now. Not sure though.

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies