• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The Big Fish Deal 2016

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
THE BIG FISH DEAL 2016

March 4 - 6, 2016
Gaithersburg Hilton

Gaithersburg, Maryland

The CCA is proud to announce that the BFD is returning in 2016.

Watch this section of the forum for all upcoming information on The BFD

aqualon56

Members
This is great news. I had heard a rumor that the event wasn't going to take place this year. Guess that was wrong!!!!! Please let me know what it will cost to sponsor a class.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I'm willing to help again, maybe not as involved as talking to sponsors.....lol

I had fun doing the hospitality suit I don't mind doing the food again.

My brother and I are willing to do the fish/label just tell us what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

aqualon56

Members
I was just told that you will not have a fish show, just an aquarium beautiful show. So a class sponsorship will not work. I will gladly help with the auctioning if you want.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I was just told that you will not have a fish show, just an aquarium beautiful show. So a class sponsorship will not work. I will gladly help with the auctioning if you want.

Lonny:

Thanks so much for volunteering to help at the Rare Fish Auction! It's a great time and your help will be appreciated!

Jon

dogofwar

CCA Members
Lonny - You can sponsor a class in the Aquarium Beautiful competition :)

Matt

Becca

Members
I can certainly help out, but no heavy lifting this year, which probably also means I'm not entering the Aquarium Beautiful competition... probably...

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Who is in charge of the weather this year. I almost got killed on the way to Dulles last year. Rental car had nothing in the wiper fluid and the slush was fun on the windshield. You guys need to get a handle on this. Call on a higher power or something.

By the way, I missed all of you in Strongville.

George

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Who is in charge of the weather this year. I almost got killed on the way to Dulles last year. Rental car had nothing in the wiper fluid and the slush was fun on the windshield. You guys need to get a handle on this. Call on a higher power or something.

By the way, I missed all of you in Strongville.

George

Though you had that under control. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I recall it's the same time last year and I had to drive around the mountain of plowed snow in the parking lot. March 4 is my daughter's birthday. Last year I only attended the flea market. I will try to attend the speaker sections if there are good ones lining up.

I bought 10 Ngara Flametail juvies from Reed, half of them died on my way back to south Jersey, but the 4 remaining multiplied 30 new ones, a full redemption for my trip.

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
We've asked Mother Nature for good weather in March, so hopefully she will oblige.

The speaker line up isn't quite complete, but we have confirmed that we will have Dave Schumacher, Chris Biggs, and Uaru Joey Mullins. We are still working on a 4th speaker.

Hope you can make it down!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan

George
I agree, the weather that particular weekend wasnt great. Moving 20 tanks in and out on ice wasnt easy!

Im very excited to go this year, and hopefully I can enter the aquarium beautiful contest.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
THE AQUARIUM BEAUTIFUL CONTEST IS ON.

THE LOBBY SHOULD BE FULL OF TANKS
AND INTERESTING FISH AND DESIGNS TO TALK ABOUT.

There will be at five (5) classes.
1. Nano tank (under 10 gallons)
2. Medium Tanks (10 to 29 gallons)
3. Large Tanks (30+ gallons)
4. CARES Species Tanks (any size)
5. Themed Tanks (any size)

YOUR entry can be in any of the first three (3) classes plus, if it fits, it can also be in the CARES and/or themed classes. So if you had a medium tank with CARES fish and the tank also had a theme, it could be in three classes at once.

Get ready for entering by thinking what you might enter. IF YOU NEED HELP GETTING FROM YOUR VEHICLE INTO THE LOBBY, LET US KNOW.

I will start taking entries in January.

Becca, you could enter a 2.8 gallon tank (about 24 pounds full of water and gravel) which should be easy to transport, but I am sure we can get you some help if you want to enter something bigger.

Last edited: