• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Texas Holey Rock

hurtmypony

Members
When I first heard of this stuff, I thought: Amazing! Good to see someone is finally blessing our aquarium dcor, and the College of Cardinals must have voted in a redneck Pope that has a side passion in geology (and possibly BBQ). No wonder all of those tractor pull / monster truck events always seem to occur on the most blessed day of the week

<Burly radio announcer voice>
SUNDAYSUNDAYSUNDAY. This Sunday, enjoy Wicked Earl and his Monster Ford F150 that is SO ENORMOUS, IT CRAPS SMARTCARS, and has wheels so tall, he needs approval from an air traffic controller just to pull out of his driveway. THIS SUNDAYSUNDAYSUNDAY!
<End burly radio announcer voice>

Then, I noticed the little E in holey and the image of the Pope chomping down on one of those delicious pulled-pork sandwiches left me as quickly as it came.

Anyway, does anyone have some of this incredibly interesting limestone they wish to sell? I am looking for long, white-ish pieces with interesting/large holes to go in this 55 gallon tank.

I see a lot of it online, which is a great deal until you calculate shipping and discover youll need to take out a second mortgage on the house to pay the salary of the bodybuilder the post office hires to deliver it to you.

hurtmypony

Members
Thanks for the tip!

I gave them a ring, and the gentleman that answered told me that their Holey Rock / Other Decor supplier went bankrupt, and they have had trouble finding a new source.

And compared to Congressional Aquarium in Rockville, $2.65 would be a steal! Last night, I bought the only good piece they had for a staggering $4.00 per pound!

The http://holeyrockoftexas.com/ guy got back to me today. He has decent pricing, with an approximate Maryland shipping cost of an additional $1.00 per pound, but all his good rocks are already sold.

He digs them up in his "grandma's backyard" and hasn't had a chance to visit her for more.

(Good thing granny's sight isn't too good anymore, and she can't see past the back porch rails to realize her grandson turned her backyard into a pockmarked, desolate stretch of lifeless earth...)

So, I am back to looking for local sources, be they store or individual...

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Try Tropical Fish World in Gaithersburg, or House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie. I have ordered some off ebay, ends up being about the same as some local sources including shipping.

NYfan78

Members
HURTMYPONY -- I HAVE RECENTLY TAKEN DOWN MY 55 GAL. AND I HAD 4 NICE PEICES OF HOLEY ROCK IN IT. IT IS JUST SITTING IN MY BASEMENT. PM ME AND LETS WORK SOMETHING OUT!

hurtmypony

Members
NYFan78: PM Sent!

Discusnafricans: Thanks for the tips. House of Tropicals had none. He said he had something "similar", but I don't know anything that looks similar to THR, unless it is that holey limestone out of Florida. He might have said "foam" when I asked for clarification, now that I think of it. He repeated the name three times, and I still didn't catch it, but maybe he meant this stuff:

http://www.designsbynature.net/products-page/rocks-modules/decorock-042/

I'll give the other place a call, too. I'll let you know how it goes...

frkyltn

Members
HURTMYPONY -- I HAVE RECENTLY TAKEN DOWN MY 55 GAL. AND I HAD 4 NICE PEICES OF HOLEY ROCK IN IT. IT IS JUST SITTING IN MY BASEMENT. PM ME AND LETS WORK SOMETHING OUT!

saw one of your post while i was in search of texas holey rock and wanted to know if you still had some left?

bbandu

Members
I have a source that can get it for $2.00lb but I would hten have to ship it to you. Shipping would be about $1.00lb might be less depending on the amount. If interested.

frkyltn

Members
I have a source that can get it for $2.00lb but I would hten have to ship it to you. Shipping would be about $1.00lb might be less depending on the amount. If interested.
thank you but Im looking in the area to avoid paying for shipping....$2.00lb is verry good though