• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ANOTHER BETTA SPAWN!!!

zackcrack00

Members
Hey all!
I put a green and red male Crowntail betta splendens with a red Halfmoon female betta splendens yesterday. They are just starting to embrace!!! The courtship was light-speed fast, and now they are trying to embrace correctly. Two out of three times the females slips out of his embrace and one out of three times they get it right but still no eggs.

I will keep you posted!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Awesome!

Did he have a nest built?

Sometimes it takes a few times for them to figure it out...

Matt

zackcrack00

Members
I can't post pictures no, it's too hard to make out with the lighting in my room. But yes, Matt, he did indeed have a nest built, puny as it may be. The have got it right many times in a row now, and he holds the eggs in his mouth a full thirty seconds cleaning them until they go into his nest. This is her first successful attempt out of 2 other unsuccessful attempts, and his first and only sucessful attempt. I think he is eating a few eggs, but so far I think it's only the ones that he knows for a fact he didn't fertilize. The babies will be an interesting array of fin shapes and colors, as the parents are two different tail types and non-related... Should be VERY interesting...

Becca

Members
The guy I got from you at Aquamania is doing great. He's in my Fluval View with a small school of chili rasboras and a few shrimp that he hasn't eaten yet (yet).

I'm excited that there's a supply of healthy Bettas. I used to be able to keep those guys alive for 4 years but the ones I've had in the past couple of years fail to thrive and die within 6-12 months. The one I got from you is robust and has loads of personality.