• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Indulge/humor/regale me...please

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Scanning the forums for the first time in months, longingly perusing stock lists for Dave's, Rapps, et al. and I MISS MY FISH! So, for all those of you who absconded with (oh alright - bought) my not inconsiderable stock of mostly New World species some 18-20+ months ago, how are they doing/did they do? Survivors there must be aplenty, but are/were there progeny (spawn) to go forth and haunt/inhabit/adorn the most unusual and improbable greater island ecology that is the Delmarva fishkeeping community? Do tell. I remember herds of Corydoras (some most uncommon), a pair of giant Nicaraguans, Biotodomas, Geophagus, a plethora of dwarf cichlid species, and even giant snake-like bettas and Phytocochroms from Madagascar..

Would love to hear how they and you made out. Hope and trust all is well with thee and thine whomever you are and however tenuous our acquaintance may have been. So please, send anecdotes, horror stories, tales of semi-conjugal prosperity if not necessarily bliss, etc. I would be indebted.

CCA! Long may you run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYna-UAt75c

mchambers

Former CCA member
Here you go:

Bought three (reverse trio) Corydoras weitzmani from you and bought another reverse trio at the PVAS auction shortly thereafter. Now mysteriously have eight of the fish, although I have never seen eggs. Don't know where they put them, but occasionally a baby survives.

Bought two (I think) Corydoras sp. CW009 (green laser) from you (the last of Arthur's group) and added them to the one I had. Have had eggs twice, but no fry. Added five juveniles recently in a swap with Mr. Blumhagen.

Bought eight or so Corydoras gossei. They spawned once, and I swapped some of the juveniles for Mr. Blumhagen's green lasers. Still have about 10 of these. Three are now in a tub outside.

Bought a trio of Pelvicachromis kribensis "Moliwe" from you (known as taeniatus back then). Spawned like crazy, swapped some juvies with chriscoli, still spawning, etc.

Bought a pair(?) of Nannacara aureocephalus. Still have two, but no breeding activity.

Think I also added a gold laser or two to my group, which recently started spawning again, although the eggs usually fungus. Think I have a few fry growing out in a breeder box.

Happy to swap back. You just need to move back here!

Becca

Members
I bought some B. Cupido's. We've had one spawn but the eggs were quickly eaten. We also added to the group. We've lost 2 along the way, but I'm not sure which they were - yours or the additions. They're livin' it up in the 150 and seem pretty happy with life.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Brother Sam - I took custody of your pair of Chanchitos, myrnae and odds and ends.

Oblongum chanchito pair are doing great although would need their own tank to successfully spawn (they're in a community).

The male myrnae is almost 5" now. Probably will be in the ACA show this summer. He pounded the female and she never recovered. I've got another pair, so he's become a show fish.

I've got rainbows and pieces of anubias and Sam driftwood sprinkled through a few tanks...and gave all of the slate pieces to Becca some time ago.

Cheers,
Matt

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Well alright then

All very cool - and spawning Biotodomas is most uncommon, was told that it qualifies as a "spawn of the year" type event, but then some of us have more or less made such our perpetual mission in life.:D

Still waiting to hear about those gigantic C. robustus and C. semiaquilis groups.

chriscoli

Administrator
I've still got one of your Ptychochomis pairs. they are still happy and paired-up. They spawn fairly frequently but so far I've been unable to pull a good set of fry...I'm hoping to resituate them once the new fishroom is setup so that they'll have a bit more space to themselves.

Lessee, I picked up quite a few other fish from you. Many are still doing well (the A. panduro I got from you are fabulous!). Some others haven't made it or are currently a half-pair waiting for me to fill their other half back in.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Glad to see you stop in Sam. Sorry I could make it by to have a beer with you last time you were in town.

Alas, I missed out on getting any of your stock but still have some val that you gave me years ago.

Saaaaaaaammmmmmmm!! I don't have any of your fish but so happy to see your silly Avatar avatar. Hope you're well!! :happy0158:

YSS

Members
Sam,

What have you been up to? I often wondered where you are and what kind of cool stuff you've gotten yourself into.... Hope all is well and let us know your whereabouts. Good to hear from you!