• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Chris' New Fishroom

thedavidzoo

Members
Awesome!
I just want to know how those of you who have 20, 30, 40+ tanks keep track of everything...:eek:who gets what food, who is having babies, fishing out babies/holding females, who needs what treatments, who needs to be separated, who is getting sold, and how many, etc., etc. Makes me tired thinking about it!

I spend what seems like LOTS of time on just my little old operation...

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Awesome!
I just want to know how those of you who have 20, 30, 40+ tanks keep track of everything...:eek:who gets what food, who is having babies, fishing out babies/holding females, who needs what treatments, who needs to be separated, who is getting sold, and how many, etc., etc. Makes me tired thinking about it!

It can be hard.
I use 1 type of food for everyone.
I keep only fish that work well in my water without additives.
and most of all
LOTS of paint pens! I write on the glass what type of fish is in each tank. But remember I usually only have one type per tank so its not too bad. lol

chriscoli

Administrator
Awesome!

So far, I've been pretty lucky...I try to keep everyone in a particular tank on the same diet so in any particular evening I usually only get out two or three types of food....a veggie diet for the mbuna, a general pellet or flake for most everyone, and maybe a pleco wafer for the cats.

I can walk up to a tank and recognize who is in it and what's going on. Sometimes I miss a spawn here and there, though.

I do plan to label my tanks better. Like Pat, I'll write directly on the glass. I also found some waterproof but erasable labels that I like. If I medicate a tank, I write directly on the tank so I remember what I did.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Chris, those tanks look totally out of place in your fish room. You really should pack them all back up and bring them to my house! ;)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
What a show-off. Of all you ostentatious, indulgent. self-serving acts this is the-

- most seductive and metaphysically tantalizing one yet. Hoo-Rah.

Hey Girl, did you ever get those energetic striped Madagascar cichlids to spawn (obviously their name escapes me). As they loved to do so and more to the point, did you rear any of their spawn? I want some...

Miss your face. May be in DC soon, send me your phone number and maybe we can like, meet. Too much foreign travel to pursue much in the way of things limnological these days, but do a have a planted 100 with all the A. panduros, the pair of YBNs and that group of goodeids(?) you so generously imparted many months ago along with some spawning Kribs and a herd of young S. barabatus.

Give my best to your live-in cook and most exalted bedwarmer, and with any luck on my part and peril for your own we'll talk soon.

Adoringly,
Ming the Merciless

chriscoli

Administrator
All of the pieces and parts have slowly been coming together. I spend time on the build most evenings and every weekend. Last night I finally got the drain from the first of the sump bins to the sink finished! I can now make progress on finishing the setup of the first new rack of tanks. Then, I'll work on setting up the water distribution to the tanks a bit later. I can always do a manual refill with the hose, but I REALLY needed the drain system for waste water in place first.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JLW

CCA Members
I'm actually sneaking a few tanks into Chris's work area, with marks where they need to be drilled. I'm thinking she's going to just go Terminator mode with the drill, and I just then have to sneak mine back out.