• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

PHOTO OF THE YEAR 2013: VOTE!!!

Vote for your favorite photo:

• Photo A

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Photo B

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Photo C

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Photo D

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Photo E

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Photo F

• Photo G

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Photo H

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Photo I

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Photo J

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Photo K

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WendyFish

Members
Vote for your favorite photo!

Photo A Below:

Photo B Below:

Photo C Below:

Photo D Below:

Photo E Below:

Photo F Below:

Photo G Below:

Photo H Below:

Photo I Below:

Photo J Below:

Photo K Below:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Nice year people.

only 21 votes so far.?
120+ people are on here every day.
I am sure we can do better than that.

LOL

dogofwar

CCA Members
Great idea... any idea what we'd need to sell it for in order to not lose money on them?

Seems like a great thing to post at any of the handful of LFS that still exist as well!

Matt

Have been thinking the exact same thing for a couple of years now! Could be a good fundraiser? Would be more than happy to coordinate.

JasonC

Members
Great idea... any idea what we'd need to sell it for in order to not lose money on them?

Seems like a great thing to post at any of the handful of LFS that still exist as well!

Matt

A *very* cursory look seems to say that cost per unit falls between $7 and $11 assuming 8.5x11" size. I would guess that we need to sell between $12 and $20? Further searching may yield a better cost per unit, but since we are talking about 26 - 30 full color printed pages, not sure how much further down we can expect to go. Of course, higher qty's will yield better prices too...

dogofwar

CCA Members
Seems like a good poll topic: Would you buy a CCA calendar for $16 (with the proceeds going to support your club)?

Sorry for the derail :)

Matt

A *very* cursory look seems to say that cost per unit falls between $7 and $11 assuming 8.5x11" size. I would guess that we need to sell between $12 and $20? Further searching may yield a better cost per unit, but since we are talking about 26 - 30 full color printed pages, not sure how much further down we can expect to go. Of course, higher qty's will yield better prices too...

AquaStudent

Members
I should apologize for bringing up the topic :) so sorry!

Bump for more votes!

An unofficial vote pre-poll - I'd be willing to buy a calendar if someone could send it up to me in NY (I'd pay for shipping of course).

Rule #17 may kill the calendar idea.

It'd be nice if we could also include a few of the other photos that did well in the month competitions and the names of the photographers. We may need to get approval from the photographers (perhaps add that as a stipulation for 2014. All entries may be used for the CCA sponsorship - Possibly revision to Rule #17 depending on how it's meant to be interpreted)

JasonC

Members
Eh... worst rule #17 scenario, make it a fundraiser for one of the conservation funds... PlanetXingu, Paul V. Loiselle Conservation Fund, or the Stuart M. Grant Conservation Fund all seem like good targets...

Think the point is, that it's a shame that these fantastic pictures wont really see the light of day past January 1 when the winner is announced...