• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

125 gallon SA/CA Cichlid tank

Samcol

Members
Hello all so I have been stocking my 125 gallon tank and I finally got everything I wanted( and more because of wife) so now I'm just wondering if I have to many fish in there. Here is what I have. Keep in mind that everything in there is very young still

1 x albino oscar - 3"
1 x Texas cichlid -3.5"
1 x jack dempsey-2.5"
2 x blood red parrots -2.5"
2 x jewel cichlids - male is 3.5" female 2.5"
1 x tiretrack eel- 11"
6 x buenos areas tetras-1.5"

Tell me what you think open to criticism but go easy on me. Do I have to many? As of now there is no aggression in the tank or very little.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I think those tetras might get eaten or killed once the others grow, Im actually surprised they havnt ripped them apart yet. You'll need to thin out the stock later on once the fish grow but for now it seems fine.
Post pics when you can, sounds like a great tank.

Samcol

Members
Here is a picture of the tank. Oh and on a side note my buddy breeds feeders so I got 10 of them. They literally are all gone in 2 days is that normal for cichlids?ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405560226.155529.jpg don't know how well that photo is going to be I'll post more of it later. And the hob filter on the back is not the only filter in there was jut from a previously established tank to help cycle.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405560226.155529.jpg

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
nice tank
about the feeders, I took about 30 siquia fry (all about an inch) and dropped them in the giant gourami tank and they were gone in an hour. She has some tankmates to help her out but really, small fish dont last long with her

Samcol

Members
Ok lol was just shocked because all of them are still fairly small cichlids lol. And thank you I picked up this 125 about a month ago for 200$ I'm very happy with it.