• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Guianacara sp. fry

Becca

Members
I still have some of these left and would like to free up some tank space.

They are between 1" and 2" and I will sell 6 for $10.

Pick-up in Damascus, MD. I won't be at the next meeting, unfortunately.

PM if interested.

They are an as-yet undescribed species and grow up to be a opalescent white fish with black markings and vague gold hue if they're in the right mood.

They appear to be cave spawners and are great parents. Adults are relatively peaceful and grow to between 3" and 5". Like a sandy substrate, won't bother plants but they do dig a little.

Photo of an adult:
picture.php

Last edited:

Becca

Members
I picked up some at the last meeting, and they are adorable.

Thanks, Matt! I'm glad you're enjoying them. Adorable is definitely a good description of these guys - they give me puppy-dog-fish-eyes every time I walk into the room and are ALWAYS begging for food.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Guianacara really are great fish and I'd bet that not many in the club have kept or spawned them.

This is a great deal, too!

Matt

Becca

Members
Bump.

Here's some footage of the adults from when these fry were itty bitty babies [YT]b64Jwv9leQY[/YT]

They really are cool fish - fairly peaceful (despite above footage) with quirky behaviors (check out my other videos of them on YT).

Becca

Members
Bump!

Give these lovely fish a try! They don't need a lot of space, don't need a heater, are great community residents, and have lots of personality!

Becca

Members
BUMP.

I still have a good number of these cool fish left, most at or just over the 2" mark.

They're cheap, they're fun, they're yours if you want 'em! PM me if interested.

blkmjk

Members
I would love to try them out but I think with my stock they would be targets for aggression. Where are they native to?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Somewhere among Guyana, Suriname, parts of Venezuela, Colombia, and Brazil. That's where the various Guianacara hail from.

Becca

Members
I would love to try them out but I think with my stock they would be targets for aggression. Where are they native to?

You could probably keep a group of them in a 40-55 gallon tank. They're pretty peaceful - what's one more tank? :D

And yes, Matt is right regarding where they potentially hail from.

blkmjk

Members
Ok I will give these guys a go I think. They seem fiesty enough on the video. And for this price on a undescribed species. Put me down for six. When are you available this weekend?

Drew

blkmjk

Members
Hey Becca I tried to send a text. I got busy preparing for the holidays today and time got away from me. Please text me and let me know if the fish are available still. Sorry for standing you up.

240 372 0601

Drew

Becca

Members
You are welcome! They are little piggies with plenty of personality. Even at that small size, I catch them flaring and posturing.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App