• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FISH TANK TRUCKLOAD SALE!

gardengirl

Members
Attention CCA Members!

The Potomac Valley Aquarium Society has acquired a HUGE quantity of used fish tanks and is having a TRUCKLOAD SALE on Sunday, March 6th, 2011 at 2:00 PM. We have tanks of varying sizes, which are deeply discounted as follows:

50 Gallon Breeders (drilled, but holes sealed w/bulkhead and seal, and water tight) $20 each

15 Gallon Long (drilled, but holes sealed w/ bulkhead and seal and water tight) $10 each
20 Gallon High (drilled, but holes sealed with bulkhead and seal, and water tight) $10 each

Most tanks have painted backs or backgrounds. Stands are not available.

Glass tops are available for 20 high and 15 long tanks for $1 each.

I will be taking orders for the tanks and they will be delivered to one location (probably our meeting place at Green Acres in Fairfax) for pick up on Sunday, March 6th, the day after our March meeting.

This offer is available to CCA, GWAPA and WAMAS Members FOR THE NEXT 48 HOURS!
After 8:00 PM Thursday, February 10th the offer will be open to the public and put on Aquabid and Craigslist.

Folks, this is the ideal time to acquire inexpensive used tanks for that fish room expansion, extra display tank, outdoor fish spawning tanks, or grow out tanks!

TERMS:

· Cash or check made out to PVAS, only. Sorry, no credit cards, no Paypal, no layaway, no credit terms.

· Tanks MUST be picked up on Sunday, March 6th at 2:00 PM or your order will be forfeited.
· Quantities are limited. First come first served. Order quickly to assure that you get the tanks you want!
· A discount of 10% will apply to anyone ordering more than 10 tanks.
· Please bring suitable transportation and labor on the day of pick-up.
· Tanks are water-tight, but PVAS makes no guarantees. Water test before permanent installation!
· Handle tanks at your own risk and bring plenty of packing material to transport your tanks. PVAS will not be responsible for broken tanks.
· All tanks sold as is. All sales final.
· Neither PVAS, PVAS volunteers or Green Acres (or the site of pick-up) shall be held liable for damage or injury before, during or after the Truck Sale event.

TO ORDER:

Send me your order by email to: gardengirl7 at aol dot com (Please do not PM me on this board.) with quantities and sizes you require. I will respond with a confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation, contact me again by email! Again, this offer is first come, first serve, so get your order in early!

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to respond! This is a terrific opportunity for our local fish-keepers and aquascapers and I’m happy to be able to bring it to you!

Sherry Mitchell

President
PVAS

Get your fish room done now!

Picture1-10.png

(photo courtesy: www.aquadaily.com)

fischfan13

Banned
If the tops can be sold separately and someone is willing to help out a guy from Jersey and hold onto them until next month...

longstocking

Members
What are the dimensions of the 50's? The reason I ask, is there are a couple sizes for 50's depending on who makes it.

Shinchan

Members
You say the holes are filled and sealed, could these be safely opened back up if I want to use the hole?

verbal

CCA Members
This is the explanation from the PVAS website:

The drilled holes are not "patched," but have a bulkhead in them. The bulkhead has a plug screwed into it. This is much more reliable than a piece of glass or acrylic glued over the hole, and also easily removable if you want/need to use the overflow.

chris_todd

Members
So I'd love to get some of these 50 breeders, but the problem is I'm going to be out of town on the pickup day.

Can anyone help me out, and pickup perhaps as many as 6 of the 50 breeders? (I'm waiting to hear back from Sherry on how many ar left)

I'd be more than happy to compensate you for your time, gas, and effort, in either cash, fish, beer and pizza, or perhaps even fish tanks (I have double-drilled 20 longs and 10gs I'm not using).

chris_todd

Members
Thanks Chris and Will for offering to help, but I've heard back from Sherry that all the 50 breeders are spoken for. :mad::angry3:

So I'd love to get some of these 50 breeders, but the problem is I'm going to be out of town on the pickup day.

Can anyone help me out, and pickup perhaps as many as 6 of the 50 breeders? (I'm waiting to hear back from Sherry on how many ar left)

I'd be more than happy to compensate you for your time, gas, and effort, in either cash, fish, beer and pizza, or perhaps even fish tanks (I have double-drilled 20 longs and 10gs I'm not using).