• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

hello every one!

68nova

Members
im drew just got in to cichlid keeping pretty cool to see theres a local fourm im waiting for my supplies to set up my 55g tank no clue on stocking yet went peeping around at a few lfs local to me to try to get an idea on wat id like to keep but was wondering if any members here breed id rather buy from a breeder if i could

dogofwar

CCA Members
Welcome Drew - too bad you didn't come to yesterday's CCA meeting!

Our monthly "mini" auction has tons of species that most LFS don't carry... and really high quality examples of some that they do.

Matt

Ading522

Members
im drew just got in to cichlid keeping pretty cool to see theres a local fourm im waiting for my supplies to set up my 55g tank no clue on stocking yet went peeping around at a few lfs local to me to try to get an idea on wat id like to keep but was wondering if any members here breed id rather buy from a breeder if i could

Welcome! What are you looking to stock on? I may have what you are looking for or I may know someone who has..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

68nova

Members
Welcome! What are you looking to stock on? I may have what you are looking for or I may know someone who has..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

i really dont no i just want a lot of color in my tank i dont mind having 5-6 fish tops but i really like the peacocks from wat ive seen
and yeah lol my luck i always miss events haha

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Welcome to the forum! For a 55 starter tank, I'd recommend Mbuna. They're colorful, not too demanding, and plenty of varieties to choose from that can live long term in a 55.

To start, I'd check out www.davesfish.com, scroll down to 'Malawi mbuna' and click on some of the types for pictures.

6-8 of 2 or 3 species would be a great start. Labidochromis caeruleus (yellow labs) are a great start, and you could add a group of afra or other small mbuna.

Good luck, and feel free to ask questions.

marge618

CCA member

Welcome to CCA forum. Check out Feb 8 CCA meeting. Members who breed sell fry at meeting auction. Also, if you know what you are looking for you can post such here. Then arrange to get what you want at the meeting:D

Greengirl

Members
Sounds like you are an African cichlid guy. If you were into South Americans, I would offer you some gorgeous orange and black angel fish.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. I joined in Feb. too. I too am working with a 55 gallon tank, converting over to Africans. It currently house about a dozen mollies, 4 each regular and black neons, a 5" red tail shark and some cory cats. I just bought 6 quarter-inch size yellow-tail acei fry at Aquamania, and plan to add the yellow labs that were recommended to you as well. I also have a 45 gallon tank that has a bunch of Krebs (5 of which I bought for a great price at the meeting auction), 3 koi angles that I bought at the meeting auction, a couple of older silver dollars, a 6" brown pleco and several chinese algae eaters. Also just added a couple of assassin snails.

Regards