• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fishing trip

Becca

Members
Never caught one big enough to keep :(

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

For Jeremy's 30th I planned a surprise party and his dad's job was to occupy him for the day from early morning until mid-late afternoon so that I could get everything together. His dad chose to charter a boat for the two of them to go fishing. The trip started at 8 or 9 am and Jeremy had to leave ridiculously early to get there.

He came back home exhausted, with a giant cooler filled with the fish he'd caught. He looked SO confused when he saw everyone standing in the house. It was priceless. The fish was big enough that I prepared it two ways the next night. It was the best fish either of us had ever had even though it had spent the night in the fridge. I think it was a striped bass, but I'm not really sure. He was so tired, he wasn't entirely sure what he'd caught either.

The boat guys cleaned it and cut it for him, which was nice.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
We could do a bay charter for 23 people on
Bay Bee
40' Custom Bay Headboat
Capt. Mike Walsh
Capt. Cale Layton
23 person maximum capacity headboat about $35 dollars if we get 23 people?

I think doing the non chartered trip will be better bc we can do it multiple time through out the year and only pay for the license and bait etc...

Charters are fun but expensive and if you don't catch anything you're out a lot more money lol plus sea sick lol

TovMahal

Members
I think we should do the chartered headboat for 23 people. I am pretty sure if we do it on a Saturday or Sunday we can easily fill it with 23 CCA members and their family. I know my wife would actually prefer going on a charter boat than a meeting

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I think we should do the chartered headboat for 23 people. I am pretty sure if we do it on a Saturday or Sunday we can easily fill it with 23 CCA members and their family. I know my wife would actually prefer going on a charter boat than a meeting

Sweet was thinking the same I can bring the wife not sure if an 8 month old would like being on a boat lol so
So far we have more than 6 less than 23

ddavila06

Members
i could try and make it. can try and convince wife to hop along we find someone to watch our son.. $35 is a heck of a deal!

where would the take off be at? im in nova and have no idea about these things..

Localzoo

Board of Directors
If anyone wants a day trip, I know some good spots on the bay for some stripers from shore. Also, I know a great warm water spot on the Potomac if the weather does not warm up soon.

Hey a while ago we talked about fishing trip you still interested? I know you've got a few spots.

kevin911

Members
Looking forward to a field trip let's get some dates going :)

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I think Kevin and I are shooting for the 23rd. I would love to do a charter...but don't have funds to cover everyone and have them pay me back etc...
So I think Fletcher's boat house...
If anyone has a place they like that we can take a medium to large group
Let us know.
But def the 23rd of August we will be dropping hooks in the water lol.