• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Still looking for zebra loaches

captmicha

Members
I'm still looking for these guys if you have some or are ordering from a place that carries them.

Please don't tell me to check out the sponsors. I'm well aware they exist. Yes, I am a paying member.

Sent from my KFTT using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
If I were looking for zebra loaches (and I'm not), I'd ask Josh or Rachel whether they could bring some in on their next order (unless one or both of them already had them on their list).

Otherwise, have you looked on Aquabid?

Matt

I'm still looking for these guys if you have some or are ordering from a place that carries them.

Please don't tell me to check out the sponsors. I'm well aware they exist. Yes, I am a paying member.

JLW

CCA Members
Yes, but unfortunately, Micah doesn't believe in supporting the people who support the club and hobby for some reason.

Uh, try PetCo.

captmicha

Members
My name isn't "Micah", the correct spelling is RIGHT there, exactly how I wrote it.

I do support the club and hobby. It's why I bought a membership and have supported some of the sponsors in the past.

But what I don't support is the aggressive orders of where to spend my money.

A. I don't need to be told where to spend my money and
B. WHAT is the point of the marketplace when every single time I post here, I'm directed to the sponsors, non-stop?
C. What is the point of membership when pretty much all I've faced from the club personal has been rudeness and lack of a member only group buy per month, as I was told was a membership benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Michelle:

I'm sorry that you are frustrated but I don't understand the aversion to the club sponsors. It is your right to spend your money where you want, but Rachel and Josh are good folks.

There has never been a promise of monthly group buys that I am aware of. There are several that run through the year, but not one a month. Most people simply don't have the tank space to participate in a group buy every month. We do have several coming up this fall, including one for delivery at the member BBQ.

Jon

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
It may be that people direct you to the sponsors for the following reasons:

1. You are asking for something the person replying does not have and they want to be helpful.
2. Sponsors tend to have a wider selection of fish and just about all are for sale.

Had I responded to your posts, these would have been my reasons.

Becca

Members
Michelle,

You could try Rick's in Frederick, Congressional Aquarium in Rockville, Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring, or Aquatic Creations in Clarksburg/Hyattstown/nowhereville Rt. 355 between Germantown and Frederick.

There's also Go Fish in Rosedale, though I've never been there personally. Aside from that, there's Petco, PetSmart, and WalMart.

If you're willing to travel there's Centreville Aquarium and Vienna Aquarium in VA, and House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie.

If you're willing to mail-order them, WetSpot tropicals might have them, as might That Fish Place.

If anyone here knew where else you could find them, I'm sure they would've told you. This community is largely cichlid people. Most of us probably don't have loaches and some of us probably don't even notice them when we're out at fish stores.

Many of us are perfectly happy with the sponsors and have had very positive experiences with them so they are the first who come to mind. No one means any offense by it. By now, you must know that your harsh dismissal of anyone suggesting sponsors is offending to the members who make these suggestions with good intentions and to the sponsors, who do support the club.

Best of luck in your search for these fish.

captmicha

Members
I never said that I have a problem with the sponsors, but if I'm posting here, it means that I'm looking to buy them from other members, hence my posting here and not just going to the sponsors. I'm not a big fan of buying wild caught fish, and I'm entitled to buying hobby bred or previously owned, if I prefer.

I know the sponsors are in existence and are available to buy from. That's quite obvious. I don't need to be reminded every single time I post. It's quite aggressive. If anyone should be offended, it's me and I am, especially when I'm a paying member in order to support the club, yet someone here put words in my mouth, claiming I have intentions against supporting CCA.

If the committee doesn't like people buying from non-sponsors, get rid of the market place. But since it's in existence, I assumed I'd use it as intended.

Why is the market place even here if people are harassed for posting here and not buying from sponsors?? Or is that it's purpose?

Last edited:

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Last time I was at beltway they had good sized clown loaches for $8, which is a steal for 2.5" clowns.
Allot of the sponsors can or are carrying these fish and I dont see why you wouldnt buy from them. They are like any other store except they are big supporters to the club and in alllot of cases its cheaper to buy from them than some lfs. Im sure congressional, tropical lagoon, ricks, or HOT can get them in for you if they dont already have them. I dont know if beltway can get those in, they mainly do big, aggressive fish but they do have some africans and live bearers.

Last edited:

Becca

Members
I never said that I have a problem with the sponsors, but if I'm posting here, it means that I'm looking to buy them from other members, hence my posting here and not just going to the sponsors. I'm not a big fan of buying wild caught fish, and I'm entitled to buying hobby bred or previously owned, if I prefer.

I know the sponsors are in existence and are available to buy from. That's quite obvious. I don't need to be reminded every single time I post. It's quite aggressive. If anyone should be offended, it's me and I am, especially when I'm a paying member in order to support the club, yet someone here put words in my mouth, claiming I have intentions against supporting CCA.

If the committee doesn't like people buying from non-sponsors, get rid of the market place. But since it's in existence, I assumed I'd use it as intended.

Why is the market place even here if people are harassed for posting here and not buying from sponsors?? Or is that it's purpose?

If that's truly the case maybe being less negative and posting something like "I'd like to buy zebra loaches if any club members have them for sale. I know I can get them at my LFS, but would like to check to see if any members are selling them first," would get you the very specific response you are looking for.

That said, if any club members had any that they were willing to sell, they would have said something by now.

Bottom line is that most of us who suggested sponsors were trying to be helpful and you acted in a way that was reactionary and mean in response. That obviously got to some people.

Last edited:

captmicha

Members
I wasn't negative until other people were.

I posted exactly what I wanted.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm not a big fan of buying wild caught fish, and I'm entitled to buying hobby bred or previously owned, if I prefer.

The problem with buying loaches from club members is that (unlike cichlids/livebearers/tetras/daphnia), they are not bred in captivity. So unless someone has had some that they purchased from a vender (that they got from the wild), club members not likely to have these for sale.

Good luck in your quest. I have a few different species of loaches that I got from Josh and Rachel.