• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Brand preference?

Harleyrider5

Members
Just out of curiosity what brand do you prefer to use for chemicals? Im thinking of switching to API instead of the tetra brand

Sent from my SCH-I200PP using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
I used to measure and now I just give each tank a pinch (or two for big tanks).

The large container has lasted me for a couple of years (and I have 50+ tanks in my fishroom)... and I've got quite a bit left.

Matt

How concentrated is it? I mean how many gallons does each size container treat? It does not say on the site

I use prime but would love a cheaper alternative

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
Just out of curiosity what brand do you prefer to use for chemicals? Im thinking of switching to API instead of the tetra brand

What chemicals are you referring to? I like seachem but also have a lot of other brands in my fishroom as well.

Harleyrider5

Members
Brands for water conditioner, quick start, stress zymes. General maintenance and start up.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Why I use Cloram-X.

I think that the $55 / 10 lb container only treats 37,000 gallons or some such amount ... but the smell's much better :)

Matt

Lol yup. When i got my first container of safe i remember thinking wow.. Matt was right, this stuff smells like a 100 year old fart.

spazmattik

Members
Why I use Cloram-X.

I think that the $55 / 10 lb container only treats 37,000 gallons or some such amount ... but the smell's much better :)

Matt

I took your advise the first time around and agree it smells more like cookies than fart lol. I had to get safe because kens was out of cloram-x for weeks when i needed more. I do like the measurements for safe better though.. and its safe to use on fiah intended for food use if i ever want to eat my oscar. Lol

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Better living through chemicals?

Brands for water conditioner, quick start, stress zymes. General maintenance and start up.

Wasting your money IM(not-at-all)HO. Not sure why you think you need all that, never knew anyone with more than a dozen tanks who ever touched the stuff. Use any de-chlor for tap, nothing for rain/RODI water, coral to buffer Rift/hardwater species, and American hardwood leaves/wood for everything softwater. That and a bottle each of Pimafix and Melafix is all you should ever need (Ick can be cured solely with heat0 and any malady unresponsive to those options is generally going to be fatal and likely never arise in the first place if water quality stays consistently high.

The alleged "need for chemical additives" has to near the top of the list of modern aquarist mythology along with "replace your filter pads/cartridges/media regularly". Both are falsehoods designed and perpetrated solely to boost product sales and revenues and at cross purposes to our number one priority as Keepers, which is to supply water that is as pure and clean respectively (not the same thing) as is reasonably achievable.

Kick the habit - minimal to negative value added, simplicity is king.

Greetings to all, Happy Fishing Birthday Christine, hope everyone's dreams came true at the CatCon. Departing India tomorrow for France, back stateside in a couple of weeks and if/when I get to DC will give fair warning in the event that abiding thirst is still an issue for all those I number as friends.

.:party0007: