• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Petricola Synos (dwarf)

toddnbecka

Members
Do you want petricola or lucipinnis? Both are typically sold under the same name, but petricola are a longer-bodied fish with much smaller spots. I have some of both, I think 4 petricola and 8 lucipinnis, all adults.

mccube5

Members
sorry, reviving an old thread here.

I've been looking for a group of these for quite some time now. Nothing has shown up at Rick's in Frederick or even Live Fish Direct. Haven't seen any in a while. any chance someone might have any idea where to find 4-6 lucipinnis? And I am referring to the dwarf petricola type. I had 3 in my 90 gal mbuna tank and unexpectedly lost 2. Trying to give the remaining one some company and thinking a couple more than I had might be better in the long run. I have 15 almost 2 year old cichlids in there and they really add to the tank.

thanks in advance

Chris

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I do have some syno petricola young of 1 to 2.5 inches for $5 each.

Could bring them to the next CCA mtg or ship them to you for $10 if you are local to the DC area.

mccube5

Members
just wanted to post a quick update here. ended up getting 6 of Frank's syno's. They are regular petricola not the lucipinni's (in case anyone was looking for the dwarfs), but all are in the tank and doing great. he sent me a variety of big and small and they are awesome.

Frank, thanks for the responsiveness, quick and safe shipping, and beautiful fish!