• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Busy Fish Day

jonclark96

Past CCA President
It's been a busy day in the Clark household from a fish perspective. I started at about 9 AM this morning by removing all the decorations from my 180 so I could catch fish that I was selling. Darrel showed up around 10 to pick up most of the big fish I had in the 180 (amarillos, catemacos, and JD's). Caught fish and bagged them up, then siphoned out most of the gunk that was trapped around the now removed décor. I bagged up one last fish and headed down to Congressional to meet up with Terrell Parker (traded an adult melanurum for a pair of myrnae and some nics). Got back home around 2 and started on water changes on my upstairs tanks.

While water changing, I moved my centrarchus, heroina isonycterina, and Cenote Crystalino JD's into the 180 (and moved some of the heroina into a 20L so they are easier to catch for Matt this week). I also moved my groups of chuco micropthalmus and herichthys tamasopoensis into the 75.

This opens up 2 tanks for fish I have coming in from Jeff Rapps on Thursday.

Water changes on the rest of the tanks start after dinner...

chriscoli

Administrator
Nice! Sometimes it's good to clean house and move stuff around! Glad you were able to rehome the ones that needed to go.

spazmattik

Members
here I was feeling accomplished about all the water changes I did. lol. Nice work Jon. I should have some of these days coming up. Looking to clear out fish to make more room for all my growouts, upgrading 3 tanks, and cleaning out the canister filters. (always the worst)

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Yeah, I moved out most (but not all) of the big, angry fish that I had. My centrarchus really are my favorite fish, so I wanted to get them into the 180, which is the tank I spend the most time watching. It's nice to change things up.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Great to see some really nice fish go to good homes, Jon!

Jon's been raising a lot of those fish since they were little ones...literally for years...

Some good stuff coming from Mr. Rapps later in the week :)

Matt

mchambers

Former CCA member
I did a big project today, too. Moved all the fish out of a 40B that had a case of BBA and very poor plant growth, took out all the wood, plants, and rock, soaked them in a bucket with water and H2O2. Emptied the tank and took the PFS out. Then moved the tank and sprayed the back with PlastiDip.

Cleaned out the filter, put an Eheim diffusor on the outflow, and a new sponge prefilter on the intake. Scrubbed the wood and rocks, moved the tank back. Put some flourite along the back, capped it with small gravel, added some clean PFS, planted a few plants, added some of the wood and rocks,filled the tank back up, and added the fish back.

Now am hoping the plants do better and the tank stays cleaner. I may dose H2O2 for a re days, just to try to keep the BBA from restarting.

All by noon, too! I feel like I've accomplished a lot, but I suppose only time will tell.

frankoq

Members
Big day for me too. setting up my 180. finally on its stand.
Went to Baltimore for Rocks and now home. need a break and will continue later adding sand, rocks and filling up the tank. Joy!

dogofwar

CCA Members
A busy weekend for me... but not too much fish stuff:

Dropped by HOT on the way back from Baltimore (brought Siena to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum... she LOVED it): they always have a great selection of fish, including some groups of featherfins, Tropheus, interesting mbuna, some Gymnogeos and some Cubans.

I'm battling ich (for the first time) in both a 180 and 150g in my fishroom. Must have somehow contaminated them with some water from a quarantine tank (that was ich-ey). Been keeping the water at 88F in both tanks...and added salt. Seems to be going away.

Went to Congressional to get Greg's sage advice on ich treatments and otherwise check things out. They have Apristo borelli for $12 each (pretty good deal!)... I'm trying copper as a ich treatment. So far so good.

Stripped a female Stomatepia pindu - about a dozen wigglers...

Gonna wait on water changes, etc. until the ich subsides.

Matt

JasonC

Members
I feel so lazy... best I can do is once I get my daughter to bed, I'll try to get downstairs to catch up on water changes... maybe scrape some paint off another 15 for the rack I am supposed to have done by now...

good work you all... would love to see pics of renovated tanks!