• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mystery Cichlid

dSerk

Members
Actually, it's one of my convict x cutters. Or maybe it's a Honduran Red Point x C. cutteri. Mother was a Convict (or maybe HRP) and father was a C. cutteri.

I think this one is a male. He chases his sisters away but seems to have a crush on the Severum. He likes to slap her with his tail. Or fight. Either or. He's punchy.

I have a few more of these hybrids if anyone's really curious about them.

mysteryCichlid1.jpg

mysteryCichlid2.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
He's got some nice blues in his fins. I'd like some but don't have the space for any more cons at the moment.

dSerk

Members
They're only part convict (or part HRP). The one pictured turns almost white when he's excited/agitated. His sisters seem to have much more yellow/cutteri features. They all had much stronger eye-stripe when they were younger, they seem to be losing it. The ones that "seem" male are more convict-grey than cutter-yellow.

Attached are some pics one of his sisters. (it's all cellphone pics, sorry, and the tank light is 8000k if anyone's curious.)

The father cutteri came from Dogofwar BTW. Unfortunately he jumped one Saturday afternoon after maintenance.

mysteryCichlid3.jpg

mysteryCichlid4.jpg

dSerk

Members
It's a girl!

Turns out he is a she. She laid eggs under a corner of a rock, but there was no one to fertilize them. I thought with all the chasin', fightin' and tail slappin' she was acting like a boy.

duds1s.jpg

duds2s.jpg

dSerk

Members
Ma and Pa

Parents of the hybrids. The Cutter (Pa) came from Dogofwar, and the Convict (Ma) came from Wally's. Some would call her a Honduran Red Point, what do you think?

Ma_and_Pa.JPG