• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

You Know You Have A Fish Addiction When...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I had that moment today when I fully embraced my addiction today.

Over the past few months, the water pressure in my house has been getting weaker and weaker. My house is on a well and septic system versus city water, so I figured my well pump may be on its way out and I called a plumber to come check things out. He diagnosed the main problem on was that I didn't have a sediment filter on the incoming line from the well and that my water softener was clogged with particles. While he was here, he told me that the pressure tank I have on my system was severely undersized. Some bells went off in my head, as I remember the previous owner of my house telling me that right before we bought the house, they thought that the water heater was leaking. The water heater was replaced and it didn't solve the problem, as what was really leaking was the old pressure tank on the house. Turns out that the cheapskate replace the pressure tank with the smallest tank they could seeing that he had just shelled out the cash for a new water heater to replace one that wasn't broken. The plumber recommended replacing the pressure tank, as with the tank I had was causing the well pump to run way more often than it should have. They came and replaced the tank today and my peak water pressure has increased from around 30 psi to 60 psi.

My addiction came to light when the first thought that popped in my head when he was done was "Awesome! I'll be able to change water in half the time I used to!"

chriscoli

Administrator
Heh. Yeah, you're an addict, but congrats on the increase in water pressure.....you can do DI now without a booster pump!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Quit giving me more ideas. I'm trying to stay away from RO or DI because I don't have room for the equipment...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Yeah, it wasn't cheap, but it was the right thing to do. Before, we had to make sure that no one was showering when the washing machine was running. Now, no issues at all.

blkmjk

Members
Sounds like a solid diagnosis! On both accounts. I realize that I too have a fish addiction they say recognition is the first step to recovery..... but I thin it is the first step towards a full fish room!

Drew

And your RO will finally be working at peak efficiency

my peak water pressure has increased from around 30 psi to 60 psi.

My addiction came to light when the first thought that popped in my head when he was done was "Awesome! I'll be able to change water in half the time I used to!"

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sounds like a solid diagnosis! On both accounts. I realize that I too have a fish addiction they say recognition is the first step to recovery..... but I thin it is the first step towards a full fish room!

Drew

We also had a sediment filter installed from the incoming line before the softener. In hindsight, I should have realized that a 6 gallon pressure tank wasn't the right size. Now we have a 27 gallon tank. It was the biggest tank we could fit and still be able to get out the water heater if it fails.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Well, I'm in Orlando on business and have been looking for Indian almond trees. Top that.

No luck. Think it's a little too far north.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I did my first water change this afternoon with the new system. It cut the time down on changing the 14 tanks upstairs in the house by about 45 minutes. Pretty sweet, although I'll have to adjust the routine just a little bit. There were a few times that I almost overflowed a tank while I was draining another one because I wasn't used to them filling up as fast as they did.

Water changes on the bigger tanks down stairs this evening. Hoping to save about the same amount of time.