• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish bags

olzkool

Members
Probably a pretty stupid question but where can I get fish bags locally? Do stores like petco or petsmart sell them? I am going to the meeting and will be bringing a fish for someone and will be picking up quite a few and noticed people saying to bring your own bags. I am sure this isn't going be the first time I need them, so I would like to pick some up before Saturday.
Thanks

Some lfs have them usually not for sale at the box stores but if you ask they will usually give you a handful for free. After all they don't care.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Glad you found some. Make sure to double, maybe even triple bag with the ones from Petco. I've not found them to be the best of quality.

For the future, Your Fish Stuff, one of our CCA sponsors, sells bags at a good price (maybe $5 for 100 bags). They will be in attendance at AM2.

Acpape0

Members
When I bought some fish (19) from Craigslist the guy had kept every bag he ever got and had them nearly bagged up when I arrived to pick up. I thought this was a great idea and swore I was going to start. A few hours later I realized that this was not going to be possible for most of my purchases... HOT writes the price of the fish on the bag... These need to be hidden and disposed of before she gets off work ... Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

frankoq

Members
When I bought some fish (19) from Craigslist the guy had kept every bag he ever got and had them nearly bagged up when I arrived to pick up. I thought this was a great idea and swore I was going to start. A few hours later I realized that this was not going to be possible for most of my purchases... HOT writes the price of the fish on the bag... These need to be hidden and disposed of before she gets off work ... Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

LOL. I never show the wife the fish in the bags. :D

frankoq

Members
Well, a big thanks to Congressional Aquarium!
Stopped by today and asked to buy bags.
They say: how many
I say: 10 medium
he goes to get them, puts them in a larger bag and says: take them.

Not saying they will always do this. I was willing to pay. Again, thanks to that LFS.