• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New fish! I love airport days

olzkool

Members
Just got some new fish. I'm super pumped. Just got done tanking all of them.

New Breeding groups:

Albino ahli
Ndewe
Tangerine tigers (these things are awesome)
Added to my pheno Tanzania group

(1) Male each of the following for my all males tanks upstairs:
Mbuna tank
Red cheek albino
White top hara
Red top Hongi (rediculous)
Kinsiezi
Red top gallireya
Chilumba bb

Hap/peacock tank
Proto sp. Spilonotus Tanzania
Mloto Likoma
Plac. jalo

olzkool

Members
No. They have their own tanks. Both are proto so no way I'm chancing that.
The tigers are awesome. Even the females. I love those stripes

Yeah the tang tiger would slaughter the ndiwe. How big is the spilotonus tanzania? I have one over 5" and his fins just started getting pointy but man is he slow to color.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

olzkool

Members
This one is about 4.5 he is colored up pretty good. Some nice blues and yellows. I never thought about them slaughtering them. Are they that tough? I was just worried about crossing.

Yes, they may tolerate each other for the most part but when there is a ripe female around it would get ugly. There are a few different fish called tangerine tiger if its the protomelas taeniolatus chizumulu and the protomelas taeniolatus ndiwe then not only are they both the same genus they are both the same species. They are identical just collected from two different locations. The fish don't realize they are different because technically they aren't. There are also steveni imperial labeled as tang tigers and fenestratis tang tigers. You may have better luck with these as they aren't as closely related to the ndiwe.

olzkool

Members
Yes they are both protomelas taeniolatus. They are definitely the same species just from different locales. The look totally different from each other to you and me but to them it would be like blond hair and black hair.

How big was the jalo? I have a large group and its my favorite tank to watch. If he ever shows his barring count how many he has. It appears as if the number changes from juvies to adults but I haven't seen any info about it elsewhere, just curious. what an awesome fish, I don't know why they aren't much more popular.

They color up at a very small size compared to other haps. Post some pics I'd love to see the tanzania, tang tiger, fryeri and jalo.