• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Show tank in the fishroom

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys
So, my fish room mainly contains lightly planted tanks under 30 gallons scattered with pots, driftwood, caves, and rocks . I dont put much effort into them because there is very little foot traffic in the fish room so as long as the fish like it I'm happy with it. I wanted a photo tank other than the 120 so I tried to make the 40 gallon in the fish room look nice. The stock is 8 xiphophorus montizumae "tamasopo", 5 limia nigrofaciata, 3 gymnogeophagus rhabdotus "lunarejo", and a pair of apistogramma sp. pebas. The tank is planted with hornwort, a little bit of guppy grass, and a red melon sword. The tank has lots of slate and clay pots as well as 2 pieces of driftwood at either end. The tank is filtered by an aquaclear 50 and a sponge filter rated for 20 gallons and is heated by a 150 watt aqueon heater. The light is a 4 bulb t5. Imo I could use a smaller, less powerful heater but I wasnt using this one anymore so, why not find a use for it. Allot of the elements in this tank where sold or given to me by other CCA and PVAS members, I got one piece of driftwood, the light, and the aquaclear 50 from holly. I got the other piece of driftwood from Matt, I got the gymnogeos from Zach, I got the hornwort and guppy grass from a pvas auction, I got the pebas pair from Miguel. And the rest I got from congressional or an online store.
Here's what it looks like:
Full tank shots:

fts 1.jpg
fts 2.jpg

The female gymnos, dont look nearly as impressive as the big male

female gymno 1.jpg
fmeale gymno 2.jpg
female gymno 4.jpg
female gymno 5.jpg
female gymno3 w male and f limia.jpg

And their handsome male:

gymno male 4.jpg
male gymno 1.jpg
male gymno 2.jpg
male gymno 3.jpg

The little montizumae love to eat

montis.jpg

The male pebas apisto posing for the camera

pebas male 2.jpg
pebas male 1.jpg

The male l. nigrofaciata constantly harasses the 4 females. Luckely he doesnt hurt them and the females have lots of places to hide if they need to

limia 2.jpg
limias 1.jpg

The Limias recently dropped around 50 small fry. It might be hard to see but the little dudes are swimming around in this 10 gallon

tank full of limia fry.jpg

Thanks for looking!

female gymno 1.jpg

female gymno 4.jpg

female gymno 5.jpg

female gymno3 w male and f limia.jpg

fmeale gymno 2.jpg

fts 1.jpg

fts 2.jpg

gymno male 4.jpg

limia 2.jpg

limias 1.jpg

male gymno 1.jpg

male gymno 2.jpg

pebas male 2.jpg

male gymno 3.jpg

montis.jpg

pebas male 1.jpg

tank full of limia fry.jpg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Nice looking tank! I'm in the same boat, I don't pay as much attention to the aquascaping in the fishroom tanks, but I'd like to have the 'most visible' tanks looking decent.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thanks Bob, for some reason just about every fish in the tank died but I am replanting it, and looking for new stock :)