• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

South florida fishing

Thai

Members
Hundreds of midevils in this canal, they are hard to catch! There's one big brute of a barred male I've been trying to catch

image.jpg

JasonC

Members
Those are some ridiculously nice looking fish...

So does florida's fish 'n game folks put restrictions on non-native fish catching in their waterways? Are you required to kill them like we are with the snakehead here in MD/VA? Can you catch and keep w/out permit, or are you still required to have a fishing license?

Seems there is a bit of money to be made catching and selling some of those guys... I'm sure there is a MFK'er who would kill for that beautiful PBass... though maybe I'm wrong?

Thai

Members
Two a day limit on pbass, no limit on other exotics, still need a license to fish. Today was spent fishing the c100 canal system and ending up with probably 10 pbass, 6 Red Devils, 4 spotted tilapia and saw oscars, Nile tilapia, plecos, and the largest most gorgeous barred red devil ever, probably over 14"

Thai

Members
Couple more devils and some Mayans today, lost a very good sized peacock and saw a huge one over 7lbs

image.jpg

Thai

Members
This canal held a lot of large peacocks and reds, its a sheet. 15-20ft drop straight down and the walls are loaded with grass, you can see all the fish because its crystal clear, here's a peacock I caught still fighting it and a devil near it too

image.jpg

Thai

Members
Will be hitting a canal known for larger peacocks as well as jags and Oscars tomorrow morning