• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

colors really starting to pop

spazmattik

Members
I bought this synspilum from rapps a while back to replace one that i had that wasnt very colorful at all. This little lady came in at a smaller size and was already more colorful than my previous 6.5"er. She is now about 5.5-6" and starting to glow. :)

20141111_180821.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Dang Matt! I love it! Can't wait for my Paratheraps to start looking like you guy. :)

spazmattik

Members
Thanks guys. Shawn you gotta give em a shot! Great fish. Not enough tanks for everything though right? ;)

Tony, i have a bifa that is begining to color too but hasnt quite exploded yet. Pretty excited for that one as well. Parawhosawhatsies are great fish. Lol

I agree that your syns will turn out to be gorgeous. I had the share of both high and low quality syns. The drab looking one tends to be dull grey and blue on the body, and the colorful one tends to be shining with gold on the body. I have a gold syns that looks like yours, and an orange "melanuras" from Rapp that has more orange in head, body and tail. There is another outstanding variety that I saw in Canada that has sparklings on the body which I want to get but don't know where.

Spine

Members
That one is shaping up nicely. I have a buddy who has some I'll give them a try if I set my tanks up again.