• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Large non ph neutral rocks

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys
So I decided to go a different way with my 40
After I got a pair of J. transcriptus "pemba" from Larry, I have fallen in love with them and I really want some more rift lake species.
I just moved all the fish from my 40 gallon, I'll be setting up a fry tank before October, and Jay needs people to order some of his cichlids so I dont think there's a much better time to try out some africans
I know its not 100% necessary, but I would love to have some large cool rocks to keep the ph a little bit higher and so the fish have places to hide. I'll still add buffers and "lake salt" to make the soft water that comes out of my tap perfect for my new africans.
So basically, I would like to buy a bunch of cool looking rocks for this tank. I would just get them from my backyard but A. all of the rocks in my backyard are tiny and B. I'm worried about getting dirt in the tank.
Thanks!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I've heard good things about them, I just wanted to see if any members have any for sale first

neut

Members
It's a good aquarium rock, but, just so you know, granite won't change water chemistry-- which is a good thing for most people. Most rock will be chemically inert, especially in a higher pH tank. Some people use crushed coral or aragonite as substrates to help buffer their African tanks, limestone is more or less the same thing in petrified (rock) form.

Acpape0

Members
I agree most except rock except Texas holey And lace rock will be inert and those are both expensive. I always used Florida crushed coral to buffer .... It is cheap and can be thrown in ump or mixed in gravel... I always wanted Texas holey rock but $4.99 a lb was just to much when any other rock is 10-35 cents a lb

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app