• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The Keystone Clash Sept 2016

aqualon56

Members
Hello,

The Cichlid Club of York and the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County will be hosting a weekend event next September in Lancaster PA. A three day weekend event.
This will be the first year for the event. Their will be cichlid classes as well as an all species show. Speakers are being lined up now.
My questions is this, could we expect members of CCA to participate in our show? I had heard that The Big Fish Deal wasn't going to be held this year but I guess that rumor was baloney. We will have a contingent of CCY people there this year. I can't wait.
Again, please let me know if you would plan on showing fish in our show. It would help us alot.
If I don't see you before, I will see you in March.

Lonny

Last edited by a moderator:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sounds like a good time! Not sure if I'd enter fish or not, but I'll do my best to be at the event.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The Keystone Clash 2016

I cant believe this is not on here yet.

This year the Cichlid Club of York and the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County are putting on a full scale convention. Right up the street in Lancaster PA.

September 16, 17, 18. Lancaster Host Resort

Rusty Wessel
Ted Judy
Charlie Grimes
Mark Denaro

http://www.keystoneklash.com/

mrkillie

Members
I was thinking that I wonder if any of the CCY folks posted this here yet...Thanks Pat for setting up the thread.

Now, I'll make it a little more interesting. Be sure to register by 1:30 PM on Saturday, June 18 (at the June ACLC meeting) or midnight June 17 (on-line) to be eligible for 2 special drawings...the winners drawn from those registered will receive $50 Keystone Cash that can be used at the auction on Sunday, Sept. 18. The first drawing will take place during the regular raffle drawing at the ACLC meeting on June 18th.

If you miss that deadline, don't worry. You can still get in for the second drawing. Deadline will be 2:00 on Saturday, June 25 at the CCY meeting (midnight June 24th for on-line). The second drawing will take place at the CCY meeting during their regular raffle drawings.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Another thread's been up for awhile :)

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26239

Also handed out paper flyers last meeting!

Matt

I cant believe this is not on here yet.

This year the Cichlid Club of York and the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County are putting on a full scale convention. Right up the street in Lancaster PA.

September 16, 17, 18. Lancaster Host Resort

Rusty Wessel
Ted Judy
Charlie Grimes
Mark Denaro

http://www.keystoneklash.com/

mrkillie

Members
Here's some of the scoop on the show. This will be an opportunity for you to 1) wins some CASH for yourself and 2) Help your other club members win some CASH for your club! Here's is how it will work. There are 43 classes. Everyone will declare 1 club as their home club.

Here is the point system:

1st Place – 10 points each

2nd Place – 5 points each

3rd Place – 3 points each

Honorable Mention – 2 points each

Non-placing Show entries – 1 point each

Best of Division – Additional 10 points each

Best Cichlid – Additional 5 points

People’s Choice – Additional 5 points

Best CARES Species – Additional 5 points

Reserve of Show - Additional 10 points

Best of Show - Additional 20 points

All points shall be totaled and the winner declared. For the Club Challenge Championship, the totals of all club members who have declared that club as their home club will be totaled.

GOOD LUCK! YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT!

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

mrkillie

Members
I forgot to mention...100% of the entry fees collected will be awarded: 25% to the individual champion, and 75% to the club champion. The more you enter, the more you and your club can win!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I finally remembered to call for the hotel reservation. Glad I remembered. Would hate to have had to commute. Lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
They have some good speakers. I will go up Friday after work. Will probably not stay for the auction.
I used to be hot on auctions and would sit there for hours. Not so much any more.